Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: Ecodiesel with new turbo pump- No fuel at injection lines  (Read 14339 times)

Reply #60July 16, 2014, 11:27:16 pm

theman53

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Holmes County Ohio - North Central Ohio
Re: Ecodiesel with new turbo pump- No fuel at injection lines
« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2014, 11:27:16 pm »
yes it should be fairly easy

Reply #61July 17, 2014, 07:07:28 pm

Diesel_Zuk

• Junior

« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2014, 07:07:28 pm »
I still am getting lot's of bubbles after the fuel filter. It's really pissing me off, I have checked all the connections multiple times, and still is getting quite a bit of air from somewhere.

Reply #62July 18, 2014, 04:30:06 pm

iamdieselnutmechanic

• Junior

« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2014, 04:30:06 pm »
If you are getting air bubbles after the filter.. then clearly there is a pinhole leak somewhere letting air in and allowing fuel to drain back.

When running on a jug of fuel up front with nothing but the two connections at the pump to leak.. did it still loose prime??
Hey there, how you doin?

Reply #63July 18, 2014, 07:53:30 pm

ORCoaster

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Restoring a Caddy as time and weather allows
« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2014, 07:53:30 pm »
I was thinking he needs to put a vac gauge on the front side of the filter and block off the inlet.  Pull a vac of 5 lbs on it and clamp the hose or turn a valve and see if it loose the vac over time.  Crack in the mount or at the threads?

Clearly Isolation of the fuel filter is needed to get to the root of the problem.  Well at least to find the leak here.

;D ;D ;D

Reply #64July 18, 2014, 10:35:17 pm

Diesel_Zuk

• Junior

« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2014, 10:35:17 pm »
I put a can of diesel up in the engine bay, and was still pulling some bubbles. I finally figured out that my inline pump is partly to blame, so I need a better one of those too. It still leaks after the filter though.

Reply #65July 18, 2014, 10:37:26 pm

Diesel_Zuk

• Junior

« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2014, 10:37:26 pm »
I pulled fuel through the return line, and filled the pump. While cranking WOT, it is barely pumping anything out of the pump. I attached injector lines and tried to fill them, but got nothing. What do I do next after getting fuel out of the pump to fill the injector lines? Just crank over and over?

Reply #66July 19, 2014, 01:35:31 am

ORCoaster

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Restoring a Caddy as time and weather allows
« Reply #66 on: July 19, 2014, 01:35:31 am »
For the latest result did you have that inline pump going or have you yanked it out at this point?  Have we already cleaned the screen in the out bolt on this pump?  I can't remember all the details and way to tired to go look.  Sorry, slacker moment.  That is the only thing I can think of at this time that would keep the flow coming out to such a small amount.  If that screen is clean and you didn't have the inline pump going I would expect low flow.  But otherwise it should be coming out pretty well with a good strong cranking period.  But go ahead and see if you can get fluid out the injector nuts and then clamp them down and see if it will fire off.  You may need that inline pump working properly to keep the air going into the pump down, otherwise you will always be fighting that. 

Reply #67July 19, 2014, 11:20:29 am

Diesel_Zuk

• Junior

« Reply #67 on: July 19, 2014, 11:20:29 am »
I have not checked screen. The inline pump itself has enough pressure to push fuel through the injection pump, it just doesn't seal properly and puts bubbles into it. If I wrap tape around it it is enough to stop the vubbles

Reply #68July 19, 2014, 02:33:41 pm

Diesel_Zuk

• Junior

« Reply #68 on: July 19, 2014, 02:33:41 pm »
Electric pump is pumping fuel through the pump, I am getting a little bit of fuel, but not much out of it, even at WOT. I attached a vac pump on the return of the last return line and cranked for about 20 seconds twice, waiting a couple minutes in between. I still have no fuel at the injector nuts. Anybody near nebraska that could lend a hand, and stop by to point out what I'm doing wrong?

Reply #69July 19, 2014, 05:33:22 pm

Diesel_Zuk

• Junior

« Reply #69 on: July 19, 2014, 05:33:22 pm »
Well great. The new injection pump leaks. I'm about to make a dispute on paypal if I don't hear back from 8v of fury.

Reply #70July 19, 2014, 05:36:32 pm

iamdieselnutmechanic

• Junior

« Reply #70 on: July 19, 2014, 05:36:32 pm »
Where is it leaking from exactly?
Hey there, how you doin?

Reply #71July 19, 2014, 06:14:56 pm

Diesel_Zuk

• Junior

« Reply #71 on: July 19, 2014, 06:14:56 pm »
I'm guessing if the pump was 180 degrees off, it wouldn't start? I have checked time, and rechecked. It is 100% on time using the marks. I have not set it using a dial yet, but I thought it should at least pop. When I pull the cold start lever, it feels like it wants to go, it kinda lurches, but it won't quite go.

Reply #72July 19, 2014, 08:39:13 pm

iamdieselnutmechanic

• Junior

« Reply #72 on: July 19, 2014, 08:39:13 pm »

You have tried advancing the timing right? Cause lining up to the dots... could easily be as low as like 0.60mm and it will never run that low.

If pulling the advance cable makes it seem more willing to start, then you most CERTAINLY need more advance in the timing. Push the pump as far towards the head as you can. This will be super advanced, that will be ok for until you get a gauge.
Hey there, how you doin?

Reply #73July 20, 2014, 11:03:08 am

Diesel_Zuk

• Junior

« Reply #73 on: July 20, 2014, 11:03:08 am »

You have tried advancing the timing right? Cause lining up to the dots... could easily be as low as like 0.60mm and it will never run that low.

If pulling the advance cable makes it seem more willing to start, then you most CERTAINLY need more advance in the timing. Push the pump as far towards the head as you can. This will be super advanced, that will be ok for until you get a gauge.
Is there a certain spot you line the pump up to when you put it on? I know the sprocket had the little mark, but does the pump body itself have a line or anything?

Reply #74July 20, 2014, 02:37:25 pm

iamdieselnutmechanic

• Junior

« Reply #74 on: July 20, 2014, 02:37:25 pm »
That is, at best, less than a ballpark mark when it comes to the injection timing of the engine.  :) There is no one spot EVER for the timing even on one single engine over its lifetime. Every time my pump is off, it never goes back to the same physical spot.. even if I put it back to the same time with a gauge.. It's very weird. This is why the mark and pray method of changing a timing belt does not work in the least bit on these engines like it does their gasoline counterparts.

Push the pump all the way towards the head.. bet you it starts..
Hey there, how you doin?

S-PAutomotive.com