S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: NOS systems  (Read 10882 times)

Reply #45March 07, 2013, 06:33:55 pm

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Pacific Northwest - Oregon - USA
Re: NOS systems
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2013, 06:33:55 pm »
cant run a wet shot on a diesel..

you CAN NOT inject wet fuel into your intake.

a diesel REQUIRES a dry shot of nos, and be overfueled, otherwise it wont even make use of the nos..

only thing i could think of to run as a fuel, thru a nos system, is to plumb a tank of propane/lng into the fuel side of the nos..

but i think that even that would be a bit tricky.. its just NOT a good idea to run a wet shot on a diesel, because it will basically be a controlled run away if you introduce fuel to the intake air..

« Last Edit: Today at 11:16:34 PM by R.O.R-2.0 »

there, if you would have read this post first, you might not have jumped down my throat, and made yourself look like an idiot..

Yeah...... you edited that post today.. at the same time of making this post I am replying too.. I recall that information not being in the original post.. I know you cannot inject a liquid in to a diesels intake.

Jumping down your throat? Just pointing out when someone was misinformed, you seem to do it in damn near every post ;) Whats the catch when I do it? Cuz I ain't got 9000 posts? Big whoop.

-------------------------------

You still mad about this?? Trololol, I am kiddding. Jesus lighten the hell up tight-ass.

R.O.R-2.0: you make yourself look like uneducated with your some of your comments. Have you ever compared a wastegate turbine housing vs. VNT?

Best siht to date...

only thing i edited, was adding the word WET to "cant inject fuel thru the intake air" and edited it to say you cant inject WET fuel into your intake"

take it how you want tho.. the post was edited to make things more clear, not to cover my ass..

i see, from your 13 posts, that you obviously know everything already ;-)

anyways, some people think im a bit abrasive.. take it or leave it, ive been here a LONG time, and i DO know my stuff..

dont mean to give off the wrong impression tho.. im not trying to prove you wrong, or be an @$$hole.. alot of times im EXTREMELY sarcastic.. ill try and be a bit more serious about things.. sorry if what i said was offensive..

Honestly, im quite interested in the topic.. ive got a wet gasser nos system, and i would LOVE to install it back on my diesel.. ive always toyed with the idea of using LPG/LNG as the fuel for a wet shot, but ive never gotten a definitive answer as to how safe it is..

i KNOW FOR A FACT that it is a BAD IDEA to run propane or LNG in the intake air by its self, because its hard on the precups (because the propane ignites WAY before the diesel is injected.. but who knows, it may work amazing when nos is injected at the same time..

i also KNOW FOR A FACT, that it is a TERRIBLE IDEA to inject a LIQUID FUEL into the intake air tho.. you risk bending a rod because of hydro-lock it takes less than 10cc of liquid to squish a rod..

ive run nos before, and ive done a SIHT LOAD of research on the topic as well, just never about using a fuel along side nos, but on a diesel still..

all of the commercial kits you see available for a diesel engine, they are ALL a dry shot.. none of them that are diesel specific, have a fuel shot..

Anyways, sorry that your first impression of me wasnt amazing.. hopefully you dont live by first impressions. Im Kevin btw, and im really NOT trying to P!$$ in your cheerios either ;-)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 06:44:32 pm by R.O.R-2.0 »
92 Jetta GLI - Black, 1.6D w/ GT2056V turbo..
86 GTI - 4 Door, Med Twilight Gray, Tow Machine..
86 Audi Coupe GT - Tornado Red, All Stock.. WRECKED.
89 Toyota 4Runner - Dark Grey Metallic, LIFTED!

Turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.

Reply #46March 14, 2013, 12:32:42 am

8v-of-fury

« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2013, 12:32:42 am »
Ed, fwiw my stock mk3 TDI was not boring to drive.. why do you find your 01 is??

Reply #47March 14, 2013, 12:39:35 am

theman53

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Holmes County Ohio - North Central Ohio
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2013, 12:39:35 am »
I never had a stock MK3, but I have the 01. I am with Ed. Mk2 was tons more fun to drive.

Reply #48March 14, 2013, 07:29:08 am

RabbitJockey

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    America, DUCK YEAH!!!
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2013, 07:29:08 am »
my 97 has lots more power than my rabbit, and it actually handles pretty good, if it had a bit stiffer of springs or better shocks it'd be really good, but the extra weight is very noticeable and the car also seems to have a ton of understeer than my rabbit.  the older cars are no doubt more fun.
01 Jetta TDI 100% stock daily
81 Rabbit:TDI-M ported head, Frank06 cam, PD intake, hybrid T3 turbo, Renault intercooler, Syl20 11mm pump, light weight fw, and yellow California Clutch clutch kit

Reply #49March 14, 2013, 02:52:05 pm

8v-of-fury

« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2013, 02:52:05 pm »
2.slow with power? Yeah the standards had way more getup than there 4spd auto brethren. Gf's sister got a mint one, low low kms for $500... IT WAS PERFECT. no rust or anything wrong anywhere.

Retard ditched (.. that is an understatement) CLIFFED it would be better description.. it at 110km/h. Car was a complete right-off, everything about it was proper done up.. Tore the bottom end out of the engine while it was flying through debris. AWESOME CARNAGE don't think i have pictures though.

(Cool story though right? LoL)

S-PAutomotive.com