Author Topic: NOS systems  (Read 10881 times)

Reply #30February 26, 2013, 02:26:15 pm

Smokey Eddy

• Veteran

• McScrubbins Body Wash
Re: NOS systems
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2013, 02:26:15 pm »
There's not really any point in doing wet nitrous on a diesel in my opinion.  The whole reason gassers do it is because the blow up if they get too lean.  A giant nitrous shot without the fuel to use it will destroy a gasser.  Diesels on the other hand don't mind running lean, what they don't like is running rich (EGTs).  NOS adds air

If you really wanted to add fuel when you add nitrous you could use propane or natural gas.  The IDI engines don't like it (they'll blow their precups) but it is a pretty common thing to do on DI motors.  Propane / Methane (NG) won't ignite on their own in a diesel, at least in the mix ratios you'd be using.  When the diesel is injected and lights off it burns the propane/methane, so that is how timing is accomplished.

Guys, he explains this very well here. The LNG or LPG isn't liquid in the intake they are gas. especially in a hot engine. but the energy induced in the gases is not enough to reach the flash point of those compounds on their own.
Diesel however is a liquid and we know that liquids dont compress. therefore we have this great amount of compression and the explosion happens. So you can add fuel in the intake like a wet shot.
I also think that a dry shot would be extremely beneficial and for the most part pretty cheap on any slightly fueled up IDI.
My aaz blew huge ploooms of black soot out of two 2.5 inch exhaust pipes... and it was already extremely fast on 28 psi. if you know how to turn the pumps up properly and change throttle position and everything you can really crank those things. a dry shot on my jetta would have been pretty awesome.
Ed
Blacked out mk2 AAZ Jetta RIP. You are missed.
White 1999.5 ALH Golf 2dr. Low & wide. Rammed off the road RIP.
Blue 2009 CR140 Jetta CBEA/CJAA. Malone stage 2. EGR/DPF/Exhaust-valve deletes. 2.5" open exhaust. ADP Turbo swap. 1-stage nitrous kit. THROWN ROD

Reply #31February 28, 2013, 11:36:19 pm

dieseljunkie69

• User+

• Personal Text
    81 Jetta
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2013, 11:36:19 pm »
There's not really any point in doing wet nitrous on a diesel in my opinion.  The whole reason gassers do it is because the blow up if they get too lean.  A giant nitrous shot without the fuel to use it will destroy a gasser.  Diesels on the other hand don't mind running lean, what they don't like is running rich (EGTs).  NOS adds air

If you really wanted to add fuel when you add nitrous you could use propane or natural gas.  The IDI engines don't like it (they'll blow their precups) but it is a pretty common thing to do on DI motors.  Propane / Methane (NG) won't ignite on their own in a diesel, at least in the mix ratios you'd be using.  When the diesel is injected and lights off it burns the propane/methane, so that is how timing is accomplished.

Guys, he explains this very well here. The LNG or LPG isn't liquid in the intake they are gas. especially in a hot engine. but the energy induced in the gases is not enough to reach the flash point of those compounds on their own.
Diesel however is a liquid and we know that liquids dont compress. therefore we have this great amount of compression and the explosion happens. So you can add fuel in the intake like a wet shot.
I also think that a dry shot would be extremely beneficial and for the most part pretty cheap on any slightly fueled up IDI.
My aaz blew huge ploooms of black soot out of two 2.5 inch exhaust pipes... and it was already extremely fast on 28 psi. if you know how to turn the pumps up properly and change throttle position and everything you can really crank those things. a dry shot on my jetta would have been pretty awesome.

I agree, even a dry shot on a DI engine with monster injectors and a (minimum of) 11mm pump would be tits. I have seen m-tdi's with 11mm's blow extreme clouds of black with stock injectors. Add the NOS and off to the races you go, got a build thread going on this beast Smoke?
I'm That Guy.

Reply #32March 01, 2013, 09:40:25 am

RabbitJockey

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    America, DUCK YEAH!!!
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2013, 09:40:25 am »

I agree, even a dry shot on a DI engine with monster injectors and a (minimum of) 11mm pump would be tits. I have seen m-tdi's with 11mm's blow extreme clouds of black with stock injectors. Add the NOS and off to the races you go, got a build thread going on this beast Smoke?

i remember seeing a dyno of a tdi that was using nitrous, it had power well above 5k.  it must be a nice way to make up for a poor flowing head
01 Jetta TDI 100% stock daily
81 Rabbit:TDI-M ported head, Frank06 cam, PD intake, hybrid T3 turbo, Renault intercooler, Syl20 11mm pump, light weight fw, and yellow California Clutch clutch kit

Reply #33March 01, 2013, 03:15:12 pm

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Pacific Northwest - Oregon - USA
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2013, 03:15:12 pm »
propane w/N20? So essentially a wet shot?? As you would be injecting propane with the NOS and ingesting through the intake??

propane is a gas, no?

how is a gas wet?

nos is a gas, its not wet.. neither is propane.
92 Jetta GLI - Black, 1.6D w/ GT2056V turbo..
86 GTI - 4 Door, Med Twilight Gray, Tow Machine..
86 Audi Coupe GT - Tornado Red, All Stock.. WRECKED.
89 Toyota 4Runner - Dark Grey Metallic, LIFTED!

Turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.

Reply #34March 01, 2013, 07:54:37 pm

dieseljunkie69

• User+

• Personal Text
    81 Jetta
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2013, 07:54:37 pm »
WET as in a WET NOS. AS IN fuel in to the intake :)
I'm That Guy.

Reply #35March 05, 2013, 03:09:40 pm

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2013, 03:09:40 pm »

you CAN NOT inject fuel into the intake on a diesel..

if there is fuel in the intake air, the engine runs away...

Turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.

Reply #36March 05, 2013, 06:03:39 pm

745 turbogreasel

« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2013, 06:03:39 pm »
only if you give it enough to exceed 5000 RPM or so, otherwise it idles or high idles.

Reply #37March 05, 2013, 08:08:12 pm

dieseljunkie69

• User+

• Personal Text
    81 Jetta
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2013, 08:08:12 pm »

Did you read the replies in this thread? Or are you just throwing out uneducated BLARGGHSS again?

The LNG or LPG isn't liquid in the intake they are gas. especially in a hot engine. but the energy induced in the gases is not enough to reach the flash point of those compounds on their own.
I'm That Guy.

Reply #38March 06, 2013, 10:56:04 pm

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2013, 10:56:04 pm »

Did you read the replies in this thread? Or are you just throwing out uneducated BLARGGHSS again?

The LNG or LPG isn't liquid in the intake they are gas. especially in a hot engine. but the energy induced in the gases is not enough to reach the flash point of those compounds on their own.

propane and LNG are not wet..

you CAN NOT shoot wet fuel into the intake of a diesel, like you would on a gasser..

if you dont believe me, go give your diesel engine a big ol' shot of diesel/nos to the intake, and see how big the dent in your hood is after wards..

Reply #39March 06, 2013, 11:01:34 pm

dieseljunkie69

• User+

• Personal Text
    81 Jetta
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2013, 11:01:34 pm »

So what is the problem??
I'm That Guy.

Reply #40March 06, 2013, 11:14:41 pm

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2013, 11:14:41 pm »

So what is the problem??

generally, people dont use propane or LNG as the WET in a wet nitrous setup..

all im saying, is that if you shoot diesel, gasoline, oil of any type into the intake of a diesel, bad things will happen..

if you would have read this whole thing, i already commented a LONG TIME AGO, that a GAS should be able to be used as a fuel along with nitrous, but that was probably too much reading for your dumb ass..

Reply #41March 06, 2013, 11:19:03 pm

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2013, 11:19:03 pm »
cant run a wet shot on a diesel..

you CAN NOT inject wet fuel into your intake.

a diesel REQUIRES a dry shot of nos, and be overfueled, otherwise it wont even make use of the nos..

only thing i could think of to run as a fuel, thru a nos system, is to plumb a tank of propane/lng into the fuel side of the nos..

but i think that even that would be a bit tricky.. its just NOT a good idea to run a wet shot on a diesel, because it will basically be a controlled run away if you introduce fuel to the intake air..

there, if you would have read this post first, you might not have jumped down my throat, and made yourself look like an idiot..

Reply #42March 06, 2013, 11:44:15 pm

dieseljunkie69

• User+

• Personal Text
    81 Jetta
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2013, 11:44:15 pm »
cant run a wet shot on a diesel..

you CAN NOT inject wet fuel into your intake.

a diesel REQUIRES a dry shot of nos, and be overfueled, otherwise it wont even make use of the nos..

only thing i could think of to run as a fuel, thru a nos system, is to plumb a tank of propane/lng into the fuel side of the nos..

but i think that even that would be a bit tricky.. its just NOT a good idea to run a wet shot on a diesel, because it will basically be a controlled run away if you introduce fuel to the intake air..

« Last Edit: Today at 11:16:34 PM by R.O.R-2.0 »

there, if you would have read this post first, you might not have jumped down my throat, and made yourself look like an idiot..

Yeah...... you edited that post today.. at the same time of making this post I am replying too.. I recall that information not being in the original post.. I know you cannot inject a liquid in to a diesels intake.

Jumping down your throat? Just pointing out when someone was misinformed, you seem to do it in damn near every post ;) Whats the catch when I do it? Cuz I ain't got 9000 posts? Big whoop.

-------------------------------

You still mad about this?? Trololol, I am kiddding. Jesus lighten the hell up tight-ass.

R.O.R-2.0: you make yourself look like uneducated with your some of your comments. Have you ever compared a wastegate turbine housing vs. VNT?

Best siht to date...

I'm That Guy.

Reply #43March 07, 2013, 12:51:31 pm

vanbcguy

• Administrator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Vancouver, BC
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2013, 12:51:31 pm »
Keep it cool guys - there's nothing being added to the discussion at this point.  8)
Bryn

1994 Jetta - AHU M-TDI - Jezebel Jetta
2004 Jetta Wagon - 1.8T - Blitzen

Reply #44March 07, 2013, 05:53:56 pm

dieseljunkie69

• User+

• Personal Text
    81 Jetta
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2013, 05:53:56 pm »
Keep it cool guys - there's nothing being added to the discussion at this point.  8)

For real man, I am new here.. Great atmosphere otherwise ;)
I'm That Guy.