Author Topic: Mileage Mod or Green Technology  (Read 8531 times)

Reply #45July 11, 2011, 02:56:46 pm

mtrans

• Veteran

Re: Mileage Mod or Green Technology
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2011, 02:56:46 pm »
Can you be positive of NOT pulling water on motor start and first km, untill it`s warm.
I`ll improve my English

Reply #46July 11, 2011, 03:02:57 pm

R.O.R-2.0

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Pacific Northwest - Oregon - USA
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2011, 03:02:57 pm »
Can you be positive of NOT pulling water on motor start and first km, untill it`s warm.

yea, i cant see water vapor being a good thing for a cold engine.
92 Jetta GLI - Black, 1.6D w/ GT2056V turbo..
86 GTI - 4 Door, Med Twilight Gray, Tow Machine..
86 Audi Coupe GT - Tornado Red, All Stock.. WRECKED.
89 Toyota 4Runner - Dark Grey Metallic, LIFTED!

Turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.

Reply #47July 11, 2011, 09:19:45 pm

ORCoaster

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Restoring a Caddy as time and weather allows
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2011, 09:19:45 pm »
Can I be sure water vapor isn't being sucked into a cold engine?  Sure, I could put the whole system on a switch, solenoid, tee fitting but why do that?  It isn't like it is 30 degrees outside, ever, or hardly ever here.  If I still lived in the Upper Michigan area I might think about that.  But really, Roids, you know what it is like on the coast.  40 to 60 all year round.  How boring right? 

In all honesty it takes a while to get vapor to show up in the hose.  Like 3 to 4 minutes so it isn't like a fog is rolling around in the intake right after it fires off.

I thought about the end of the cycle though.  After a long run, like mine to Portland.  To be able to shut it off and let it vent to the outside instead of putting it to bed wet.  Not good for horses, probably not good for rabbits either.  I am scheming a system that would allow me to do that.  My idea is use a lawn sprinkler system solenoid that dumps the blow by to the outside.  I could then just engage the switch and let it go.  I could use it when cold in reverse.  Wait about 5 minutes and let it vent, then dump it into the intake.

Reply #48July 12, 2011, 04:37:29 pm

mtrans

• Veteran

« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2011, 04:37:29 pm »
  Sure, I could put the whole system on a switch, solenoid, tee fitting but why do that? 

W/o solenoid vacum from intake can and will pull same water,as I see on my car.
I`ll improve my English

S-PAutomotive.com