S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: Gas to diesel swap.. filler neck ?'s  (Read 3279 times)

April 24, 2009, 12:18:49 pm

8v-of-fury

Gas to diesel swap.. filler neck ?'s
« on: April 24, 2009, 12:18:49 pm »
From what I have read people say the filler neck on a Gasser car is a lot smaller than that of a diesel. However, I don't see how mine could get any bigger  :shock:

Now by looking in the hole you see its roughly the same diameter as the opening.. and judging by the cap in my hand in the other, the inside is just under 2"

How big are these freaking diesel nozzles?!? I think my car is exempt from the list of cars that have a hole just big enough for a gas pump nozzle.. because i've been looking at every diesel nozzle i come to, and none are that big in diameter i don't think.

A little clear up is all I need :) if it is to small.. I will modify a funnel and carry it around with me :)

OH BTW.. how about this for a colour scheme?  :twisted:

Reply #1April 24, 2009, 01:34:36 pm

truckinwagen

• Veteran

Gas to diesel swap.. filler neck ?'s
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 01:34:36 pm »
your filler has been modified at some point.

the fillers usually have a smaller opening with a flap in it that gets pushed open by the nozzle.

initially gas and diesel nozzles were the sam size, but when unleaded gas came out they  made the nozzles for unleaded smaller so that cars designed for it didn't get leaded gas.

the diesel nozzle was left the same size, and leaded gas went away leaving us with the current nozzle size issues.
83 Opel Kadett Diesel

S-PAutomotive.com