S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: Giles, modify a TDI pump, already!  (Read 19613 times)

Reply #30January 20, 2007, 12:30:08 am

hillfolk'r

• Veteran

Giles, modify a TDI pump, already!
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2007, 12:30:08 am »
hey super
the old 1.5 NA vw dieselengine had a max rev of 5600-5700 or so
the 1.6td's were around 51-5200,id rev it to 5400 though
the tdi engine is "done" at 4200 or so,and doesnt pull hard over that

ive "tested" quite a few of my  na diesels max revs
you can brick the gas  pedal all day in neutral+they will never blow,"technically",barring any mechanical problems
as long as the governor is working and the max revs arent turned up past specs
its fun to scare people by bricking the gas pedal for 4 or 5 seconds on an old beater
Throttle cables ftw

Reply #31January 21, 2007, 01:26:34 am

SuperTurbo

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2007, 01:26:34 am »
Hey hillfolk'r

Nice to hear your reply!!

Just wonderin.. for higher rev, did you make more power too??  Or you just like the revin sound?? :P

For TDI (Turbo) seems like the Turbo do put a lot of limit on the engine... (Am I right?) If I put the bigger Turbo, will it help? (The Euro spec, crank out 150HP one at stock) VNT 22 or 20 Turbo??

Reply #32February 08, 2007, 04:54:32 pm

myke_w

• Veteran

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2007, 04:54:32 pm »
Sadly, a lack of content is pretty much a TDIClub theme these days, thats why you'll mostly find me here...

No kidding.. Seems like everybody just wants to complain about how biodiesel wrecked their engine or make some sort of a political statement. Geesh  8)
Contact me for hard to find for idi and tdi parts

Reply #33February 08, 2007, 06:04:28 pm

RabbitJockey

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    America, DUCK YEAH!!!
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2007, 06:04:28 pm »
Quote from: myke_w
Sadly, a lack of content is pretty much a TDIClub theme these days, thats why you'll mostly find me here...

No kidding.. Seems like everybody just wants to complain about how biodiesel wrecked their engine or make some sort of a political statement. Geesh  8)

haha i have about 10 posts on tdi club, i know i don't have a tdi, but seems like there is alot of non progressive people there.  all they do is talk about vnts and chips and biodiesel
01 Jetta TDI 100% stock daily
81 Rabbit:TDI-M ported head, Frank06 cam, PD intake, hybrid T3 turbo, Renault intercooler, Syl20 11mm pump, light weight fw, and yellow California Clutch clutch kit

Reply #34May 03, 2007, 07:05:32 pm

therabbittree

• Veteran

« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2007, 07:05:32 pm »
I need to get a hold of  GILES does any one have aphone # fro him. The man I sold my TDI M pickup too wants to have the 12mm pump rebuilt as it seized up or stopped working..he has a 1.6TD pump on it temp. now.. besides Giles any one you know of thsat is real good with the VW diesel pumps and th eTDI swaps ? that pump was a 1.6T TD pump with bosch 12mm Plunger from cummins 4bt
Thanks
Deo

Reply #35May 04, 2007, 08:38:33 pm

935racer

« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2007, 08:38:33 pm »
Deo whats up with your truck these days? Never heard much about the hy35 swap, and where the hell is Blake?

Reply #36May 05, 2007, 07:32:00 pm

therabbittree

• Veteran

« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2007, 07:32:00 pm »
Hey there.. been super busy .lately.. argh... My truckis sold  to agood freind of mine ..but he is a older gentleman who is really into diesels,, be has a few cummins 5.9 swaps, a new dodge cummins and he used to have old street rod with a built up big duetz in it it was fast like 13 or 12 sec 1/4s any how hes learning about my trukck and the tdi m swap..its his first vw diesel let alone tdi..  he has had bad luck with the injection pumps not lasting long..i blew one before i sold it ..then i built one for him .he blew it up and now its running a stock 1.6Ltd pump so its slow.. he wants me to get a guy to rebuilt it and get some sort of warranty for it ha..  I think I'm getting in touch with Giles for the rebuild....as for me i bought a 2003 TDi swpa complete electronic and trans fro my 82 Jetta coupe..   i haven't started that projet yet but it shopuld be nice.., i just got my 220v into my garage..now i got to tidy the wiring and clean out teh crqp and then i can have my aircmprewssor and tig weld yeahhh.. ha.. I got another running 6v53 dd for my drag truck chassis ...so thats in the works too....blake moved back to ny ( 5 miles from me)  from cleveland and just got a job doing diesel generator repair hes still driving his tdi m rabbit ..he is working on a hy35 what they machined a 6cm exhaust housing from a hx30 to replace the 9cm, ..it should be sick now.. when i ran teh hy35 band teh 9cm housing it swas nice in high rpm but it built no boost at low rpm ..the 6 vs 9 cm housing should lower the rpm teh boost start and really be sick..i plan on doing the same job to my hy35 if i can find a housing soon..  etc etc...i would need a custom chip to run it on the elctronic sw3ap though haha..
any thing else new with you?
Dinner is calling me i gotta go..
Later
Deo
\x/ Hillfolk!