Engine Specific Info and Questions > mTDI Mechanical TDI Conversions

Aaz based mtdi cam selection

<< < (2/3) > >>

oldskool rich:
havent read the whole thread so forgive me if im repeating

my big power 1Z is running a brand new AAZ cam, its runns fine and is very fast, however after 10k it dropped a valve which killed the block, head and piston, after we took it apart we found the vales had hit every piston, i believe at high RPM the valves hit, which isnt a massive problem in the short term but eventualy one will snap. we are now going ALH for a stronger block and we have machined 1mm out of the valve resses on the pistons to stop them from hitting

ive also done the same on my own 2.0 BKD VE project

MJF:
Rich: what valvesprings?

oldskool rich:
stock, sheet never thort of that tbh, can you recommend any?

audi 5 pots have 2 spings per valve, wud that work?

MJF:
Stock dual springs are a little better. At last time I used 1,9 outer spring with 1,6 inner, thatīs a little stiffer than stock duals. But I need stiffer than that, Iīll order a set from Rosten Performance. 8v gasser performance springs will fit.

Rabbit on Roids:

--- Quote from: MJF on July 24, 2010, 09:20:19 am ---Stock dual springs are a little better. At last time I used 1,9 outer spring with 1,6 inner, thatīs a little stiffer than stock duals. But I need stiffer than that, Iīll order a set from Rosten Performance. 8v gasser performance springs will fit.

--- End quote ---

they make some stiff dual spring sets for gassers too!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version