S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: who needs stickers?  (Read 10336 times)

April 21, 2013, 07:27:56 pm

CRSMP5

who needs stickers?
« on: April 21, 2013, 07:27:56 pm »
well after pissing way 16 hours of my life.. my comp has a fresh reinstall... so now my vinyl cutter is once again in operation..

i need to do myself some vwdiesel.net stickers, turbo snails.. but i can do lots.. pic of graphic i can copy pretty easy..

7 years ago when i got it shipping was less.. materials were less.. i was doing sheet of paper cuts for $5 shipped.. aka what you can fill a sheet of paper with...

colors

bright blue
bright green
silver
yellow
gloss and satin black
gloss white
red
orange

are what i have in stock.. i can get any color though.. but if i have to buy a roll.. your paying for it.. this can vary from 35$ to 500+ depending on what it is.. i tend to trade you amount of stickers for cost of roll.. yes i make out.. will not lie.. but how ive done it for others.. aka back then 20$ roll = 4 sheets.. but made way way more... weeding is time consuming.. i deserve some for it..

its in todays price is $10 for sheet paper size shipped (usps big brown envolope unless we doing serious quanity).. i can do bigger, will cost more.. but more due to shipping at that point.. and my weeding time depending on the design.. we can find/make arrangements..

example.. i can size it to your dementions.. too..

and no the curves will be smoother.. that was 5 min work.. needs few more plot points to round it out..

fonts for text.. if i can dl it.. i can use it.. so find place i can dl a copy and its that easy.. they make flame letters and such..

i cannot "print" stickers.. so for multi colors i have to use multi pieces of vinyl.. but for how sunbaked and ozoned ive used the vinyl.. ill say 2 years till cracking/fading for large area.. colored strip cross top of windshield cracks vs just letters..  but it will dry out after time.. snow/ice bad..

now sizes.. my program pretty sweet.. i could do the side of a semi truck.. its just be in pieces..

i can do max 1 sheet cut.. 6"wide by i am thinking 56" long... i have to double check as its been a while..

Reply #1April 22, 2013, 11:18:43 pm

hillfolk'r

• Veteran

Re: who needs stickers?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 11:18:43 pm »
Me like bottom sticker.
We need vwdiesel.net stickers eh folks?

Or is that eh Volks?  Oh Lols. I kill me. Volks is this thing on?
Throttle cables ftw

Reply #2April 22, 2013, 11:21:43 pm

theman53

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Holmes County Ohio - North Central Ohio
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 11:21:43 pm »
I would be down for the site stickers in black if you get it going.

Reply #3April 22, 2013, 11:46:55 pm

CRSMP5

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 11:46:55 pm »
lucas... pick a font.. a generic one.. as i do not know what was used before.. got all common ones.. :D i laid out turbo snails and net one today.. for toaster..

also get me size of what you want too.. aka height/length.. i do not know how big people want them..

Reply #4April 23, 2013, 12:46:53 am

ORCoaster

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Restoring a Caddy as time and weather allows
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 12:46:53 am »
Which Turbo Snail did you decide to use.  I thought at one time you were collecting them for this project.  Can we get a peek a boo at what you got so far? 

DAS

Reply #5April 23, 2013, 07:06:19 am

CRSMP5

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 07:06:19 am »
 ;D the one i nabbed from you.. just never got to it till now....

Reply #6April 23, 2013, 01:43:19 pm

ORCoaster

• Veteran

• Personal Text
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2013, 01:43:19 pm »
Wow that was like a year or more ago.  Good luck.  I changed my pic for a bit.  Graphic still fits our wet and soggy coast the best. 

Reply #7April 23, 2013, 05:53:17 pm

homerj1

• Veteran

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2013, 05:53:17 pm »
Hey I'd be interested is seeing the choices esp. the turbo snail. Also any suggestions about sticker size?

Reply #8April 23, 2013, 08:01:18 pm

vanbcguy

• Administrator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Vancouver, BC
Re: Re: who needs stickers?
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2013, 08:01:18 pm »
I'd be in for one of the turbo snails printed a little larger (like 7" high) - it would be wicked on my trailer...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
Bryn

1994 Jetta - AHU M-TDI - Jezebel Jetta
2004 Jetta Wagon - 1.8T - Blitzen

Reply #9April 23, 2013, 10:44:40 pm

CRSMP5

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2013, 10:44:40 pm »
not happy with the "scrools" on the snail yet.. his snail was way pixulated but gave me general shape to redraw for porportions... 6" tall is what you seek.. or up to say 11" rember cut width/height.. one of them is 6" unless we splice stuff together..

a length of snail longer then height.. ;)

3.7"tall... 6.06" long..

1.7" tall... 10.11 long on diesel sticker..

little diesel inside for poo and giggle..

but idea is thats 1 piece of paper..

ill have a crappy screen shot up in min..

Reply #10April 23, 2013, 10:52:59 pm

CRSMP5

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2013, 10:52:59 pm »

so how much would you pay at a show for 1???? why i want you to think of the value here.. im not looking to get rich.. but im not free either.. but think of a sticker you buy at a show... or even ebay.. 4$ +shipping..

beleive me they making bank real good.. back when i was in the rc thing big time.. had the forum.. the guy who was supposed to supply me my sight stickers pissed me off.. i took a advitizers money.. his 6mo fee.. saddest part i did not want him as a advitisor so gave him crazy price years before.. his 6mo fee paid for cutter shipped to door.. and 4 rolls of vinyl.. took under 30 days sellling 5$ sheets to pay in full the other rolls.. and all equipment i still have.. it really is silly how much people will pay.. and the actual cost..

im small scale.. i wanted stickers to give away at races.. i was willing to pay.. got burnt.. so got my own crap.. not bad investment for anyone who has what i lack... artistic skill... i can copy easy... but orifginal art.. not simple..

so think of me as show sticker guy who does it for less... and we can build crap together... goto ebay.. get link for auction with pic.. right click save.. 5 min later i have sticker... honestly.. it really is sad..

the work is in fixing pixelled stuff.. and weeding/getting sizes right.. problem w/small stickers is smaller details that sometinmes the blade just cannot do.. thats where a "printed" sticker is best... but hell i used to make paint masks for rc bodies with it..

p.s. this is my first step to building my jackrabbit... need to sell 70 sheets.. :D thats the cupkit/coilovers.. then another 70ish should pay for paint materials..  70ish more for interior shop seat stuff..  figure in 140 more for stupid along the way stuff..

ive got blades.. enough rolls to get started.. ill have to go buy more transfer tape soon.. but its not that bad..

so who needs stickers.. 350 sheets is the goal.. that will cover vinyl costs.. jack rabbit costs.. ill even have my "toasts" to give away at madness this year... did not have last year.. damb comp screw up..
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 11:28:13 pm by CRSMP5 »

Reply #11April 23, 2013, 11:44:27 pm

ORCoaster

• Veteran

• Personal Text
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2013, 11:44:27 pm »
Can't Remember,  I went to my base GIF and enlarged it to the max in Paint and the turbo spool appears to be more like raindrop shapes with no center hub.  Just the four dark shapes.  I wonder if the effect of the spool can't be done with curved lines, maybe 6 or 8 of them to  simulate the vanes on the impeller.  I might try to copy the center of what I have and see if I can come up with a better center core that what you currently have going.  It looks kind of German in a bad way if you get my drift.  Might entice someone to deface it rather than like it.  DAS

Reply #12April 23, 2013, 11:48:58 pm

CRSMP5

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2013, 11:48:58 pm »
yea i was thinking maybe a figure 8.. the issue is how to 2d a 3d item..

also thinking a swirl may work better.. just give it a spooled effect.. but i cut one to see how it looks in size.. i likes.. but ill admit too big for most cars..

Reply #13April 24, 2013, 12:46:14 am

ORCoaster

• Veteran

• Personal Text
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2013, 12:46:14 am »

Tried to do a swirl and with the limited room in the circle it is kind of tight.  Only have a limited number of diagonals to play with.  Spent some time on it and this is the best I got out of my efforts. 

Reply #14April 24, 2013, 06:38:40 am

CRSMP5

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2013, 06:38:40 am »
aaaaahhhhhh you overlook a simple issue... cutting a "angle hair" line into a sticker easy... tyring to keep/use a fine line like that... never happen..

rethink my line art.. think of what is kept vs weeded.. yes the bad thing may look bad.. but it can be cut/used.. but it is almost too small to "weed" with 100% success.. of the 2 i cut.. aka 1 sheet.. one was ok.. the other i removed the "bad" piece and had to put it "back" as only way to save it..

why i am thinking some sort vortex.. so i can have say solid sticker with small lines to remove.. else it will need to be like pedals to a sunflower in some sort of figure 8..

it is the hardest piece of it...

p.s. the diesel inside.. i wanna fit it into the smoke trail.. :P it cut nice except i lost all the i dots...  where too small = fail.. but sharpie will fix if need be.. but if put into the smoke i can make the i dot the part thats weeded..

sadly how to do with snail turbine... not so simple.. :D i could make a "filler dot" in different color.. cut the "fins" into it and do it too if i had too..

Fixmyvw.com