S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: Heidelburg 8 stereo problems  (Read 4186 times)

January 15, 2005, 05:32:48 pm

Patrick

• Veteran

Heidelburg 8 stereo problems
« on: January 15, 2005, 05:32:48 pm »
Pulled the radio a last weekend to replace the antenna(broken when I got the car). To avoid problems, I bought a new antenna (presumably the right one) from the stealership. Got it home, put it in, and it wouldn't hook to the radio. Left a rope in the hole to pull it  back in, took it out, and got my wife (who works next to the dealer) to take both the old and the new antenna to the dealer. $22 later she came home with an adapter to plug the new antenna into the radio. In the meantime, the radio rode around in the trunk of a semi leaky car in a lot of rain. (Didn't realize the trunk leaked.) I don't mean water laying in the trunk, but dampish.  Put the antenna in today, hooked up the adapter and the 2 wiring harnesses, and I get a code on the radio that I shouldn't have. I have the directions and the code to unlock the radio after power disconnect, and have done so successfully several times in the past. Supposed to have a "SAFe" code, instead it says "SA6/ch6. and won't respond the way it's supposed to to unlock.
The radio is currently sitting in the house in the room my woodstove is heating. I'm hoping that a few hours to "dry it out" will fix it. Any other suggestions? I really like the radio, but the reception sucked with the busted antenna. Bad for the radio too!

Reply #1January 16, 2005, 06:59:54 am

Patrick

• Veteran

Heidelburg 8 stereo problems
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2005, 06:59:54 am »
Problem solved. Drying the radio out for a few hours fixed it . Works great now.

Fixmyvw.com