Author Topic: getting injector lines off of injectors  (Read 1900 times)

December 08, 2004, 02:03:12 pm

chrissev

• Veteran

getting injector lines off of injectors
« on: December 08, 2004, 02:03:12 pm »
Hello, another problem has just surfaced.  I am trying to get my injector lines off of the injectors to remove and replace the injectors.  Problem is that the lines are rusted to the couplings and when I turn the coupling with a wrench, the whole line turns and twists.  I am sure I am going to snap the line off before I can get enough torque to break the attachment and free the line from the coupling.  Anyone dealt with this before?  Should I just source some used lines and break the old ones?

88 Jetta TD....sold for $1000, bought an 06 Cobalt, clearing out the diesel jetta stuff now

Reply #1December 08, 2004, 02:29:41 pm

fspGTD

• Veteran

• http://home.comcast.net/~vwgtd
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2004, 02:29:41 pm »
So the nuts are moving, but the hardlines want to rotate with the nut?  Yeah, that can happen if the connection hasn't been touched since a couple decades.  :wink:  I would definitely recommend trying to save your hardlines if you can.  Some spray penetrating lubricant might help... apply it to it can wick into the frozen joint, between nut and hardline.  It needs time to soak into the frozen joint but it can be really effective in breaking up corrosion and freeing up frozen joints.  You could also try tapping gently on the wrench with a small hammer to "shocking" jolts to the joint, with the goal being to break up the corrosion, or a combination of both techniques.

Do try at all costs to keep crap out of the injector's fuel inlet ports if you might be re-using those injectors.  Spray all around the fuel hardline nuts with solvent and wipe it clean before removing the nuts.
Jake Russell
'81 VW Rabbit GTD Autocrosser 1.6lTD, SCCA FSP Class
Dieselicious Turbocharger Upgrade/Rebuild Kits

Reply #2December 08, 2004, 05:39:22 pm

mainer

• Junior

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2004, 05:39:22 pm »
try some PB Blaster
08 Duramax
12 Sportwagen TDi