S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: KKK K03 turbo installation dilemma  (Read 2521 times)

December 07, 2004, 05:01:46 pm

neich

• User+

KKK K03 turbo installation dilemma
« on: December 07, 2004, 05:01:46 pm »
Hi,

I am almost finishing installing a K03 tubo in my syncro vanagon. I had an AAZ with the old 1.6TD turbo, and I decided to upgrade to the KKK turbo. I am using the old 1.6TD fuel pump, with boost enrichment. Here it is the problem.

In the stock setup the boost enrichment is connected to a small outlet in the intake manifilold. With the new setup, I also have this outlet, and I have a new one in the K03 turbo that seems identical to the other one.

The question is which should I use ? Can I just block the other one ?

Thanks
Nacho

Reply #1December 07, 2004, 05:47:39 pm

VWRacer

• Veteran

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2004, 05:47:39 pm »
You want to use the one on the intake manifold. That way you are boost enriching based on what the engine actually sees. Are you sure the one on the compressor doesn't drive the wastegate?
Stan
C-Sports Racer

Reply #2December 07, 2004, 10:56:11 pm

MK3 GTD

• User+

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2004, 10:56:11 pm »
the k03 turbo should have a small hose linking the compressor housing to the wastegate, there is also another port on the wastegate for vacuum which is only used in the stock AAZ setup which uses a soleniod to apply vacuum from the vacuum pump to open the wastegate when your foot is off the gas(not neccessary) this port will not supply boost pressure to run the enrichment device and can be left open. Use the manifold tap.
1996 Golf 1.9TD
1984 Rabbit 1.6TD
1987 Jetta Coupe 1.6D

Reply #3December 08, 2004, 04:07:52 am

neich

• User+

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2004, 04:07:52 am »
Quote from: "MK3 GTD"
the k03 turbo should have a small hose linking the compressor housing to the wastegate, there is also another port on the wastegate for vacuum which is only used in the stock AAZ setup which uses a soleniod to apply vacuum from the vacuum pump to open the wastegate when your foot is off the gas(not neccessary) this port will not supply boost pressure to run the enrichment device and can be left open. Use the manifold tap.

Thanks ! That's what I wanted to know. In fact, I connected a tube to this second port and I realized that the wastegated opened if I sucked air, so I guessed that this port won't work like the other. Great !

Thanks again
Nacho

S-PAutomotive.com