Author Topic: More power = More problems  (Read 2262 times)

November 27, 2004, 11:12:23 am

AntonUK

More power = More problems
« on: November 27, 2004, 11:12:23 am »
Hey all

Just been messing about with my pump again, move the throttle lever one spline forward so I can reduce fuel residue even more but now for some reason I have fuel in the LDA cover and it pours out of the breather hole at the side of the lid when under load or medium revving during idle. This only happened after I turned max fuel in more (pissed me off a bit since I had the revs dropping back down with a lot of fuel going in) but now I have had to back off the max fuel to reduce the fuel lose.  

Since the only sealing from the pump is the pin that pushes out against the cone I’m thinking maybe my return orifice is blocked as I can't see why I would have any more pressure in the pump from turning the fuel up. Has anyone experienced this after turning the fuel up?

On another topic, raced my mates Toyota Corolla GTi before (1.6 16v 129bhp) beat him from first up to 70 80 mph and this is on a clutch that slipped in every gear after 3k revs!! It’s very noticeable now I only managed to pull away every time I geared up when the clutch gripped again! Not looking forward to getting new clutch this is another step back from the TDI engine savings account :cry:

Reply #1November 27, 2004, 03:35:42 pm

Cheesetoast

• Veteran

More power = More problems
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2004, 03:35:42 pm »
if  you get a tdi, i'd be interested in buying your TD cluster if it has a tach.

S-PAutomotive.com