Author Topic: Where to get a rabbit truck in Ontario  (Read 3521 times)

November 24, 2004, 09:05:53 am

Topherdiesel

  • Junior

  • Offline
  • **

  • 132
Where to get a rabbit truck in Ontario
« on: November 24, 2004, 09:05:53 am »
I think I might want one, in beater condition, but running, let me know boys and girls!



Reply #1November 24, 2004, 06:07:45 pm

srivett

  • Veteran

  • Offline
  • ***

  • 318
Where to get a rabbit truck in Ontario
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2004, 06:07:45 pm »
You'd probably have to go to a big library with a lot of newspapers and bargain hunters from different areas.  Then you could look for and advertise for one.  I've only seen one and it was in Niagara on the Lake (not for sale).

Steve
1992 1.6D Golf - 412K km
Mint except for chipped paint, no rust :)

Reply #2November 25, 2004, 04:49:01 am

vwmike

  • Authorized Vendor
  • Veteran

  • Offline
  • ***

  • 1158
Where to get a rabbit truck in Ontario
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2004, 04:49:01 am »
Were they rare in Canada? They're not entirely common here, but definitely available.

Reply #3November 25, 2004, 02:21:28 pm

BlackTieTD

  • Veteran

  • Offline
  • ***

  • 1512
Where to get a rabbit truck in Ontario
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2004, 02:21:28 pm »
Quote from: "vwmike"
Were they rare in Canada? They're not entirely common here, but definitely available.


pretty rare to find that havent been rusted to crap. the strut towers are a weak spot, especially passenger side so check those areas thoroughly.

i'll be starting on my new caddy project in the next couple months, can't wait! :)

Reply #4December 01, 2004, 08:41:56 pm

srivett

  • Veteran

  • Offline
  • ***

  • 318
Where to get a rabbit truck in Ontario
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2004, 08:41:56 pm »
Is the truck referred to as the Cabriolet or is that just a convertible?

I found the following:
"86 VW Cabriolet, low miles, excl cond $4,000 (Azilda) 705-983-4941"

That sounds like a heck of a lot for what I would consider a farm tractor when compared to a newer model car but whatever... :)

Steve
1992 1.6D Golf - 412K km
Mint except for chipped paint, no rust :)

Reply #5December 01, 2004, 09:32:35 pm

chrissev

  • Veteran

  • Offline
  • ***

  • 694
Where to get a rabbit truck in Ontario
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2004, 09:32:35 pm »
Quote from: "srivett"
Is the truck referred to as the Cabriolet or is that just a convertible?

I found the following:
"86 VW Cabriolet, low miles, excl cond $4,000 (Azilda) 705-983-4941"

That sounds like a heck of a lot for what I would consider a farm tractor when compared to a newer model car but whatever... :)

Steve


Truck is "caddy".  Cabriolet is "cabby".  Easy mistake.
88 Jetta TD....sold for $1000, bought an 06 Cobalt, clearing out the diesel jetta stuff now

Reply #6December 10, 2004, 11:33:54 pm

chrissev

  • Veteran

  • Offline
  • ***

  • 694
Re: Where to get a rabbit truck in Ontario
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2004, 11:33:54 pm »
Quote from: "Topherdiesel"
I think I might want one, in beater condition, but running, let me know boys and girls!


This guy is selling four 1981 Rabbit diesel pick up trucks, in Kenora:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1724433
88 Jetta TD....sold for $1000, bought an 06 Cobalt, clearing out the diesel jetta stuff now