Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: Oregon boonies trip  (Read 3892 times)

November 23, 2004, 12:36:52 pm

Dr. Diesel

• Authorized Vendor
  • Veteran

Oregon boonies trip
« on: November 23, 2004, 12:36:52 pm »
So I'm out in Vancouver BC for a few weeks for work, and on a day off, decided to make the trip down to Techtonics Tuning for a visit.
Man, they are hard to find! It's way out there,  (mapquest was half the problem here) and then on a dirt road off of another dirt road that non of the residents seemed to know existed. At one point, as i was slowly spiralling in on their location, I was unknowingly 50 feet away from the first  road when I spotted a yokul--I mean, local and asked directions. He looked just like Bubbles on Trailer park boys, what with the big eyes and everything. Just add a big, scruffy red beard. Talked the same too. Anyway, he hadn't heard of either of the two (dirt) road names, so I went back down to the bottom of that enormous hill into the little town. Someone there thought they'd heard of a street like that and sent me back up the big hill. Finally found it. Immediately, after seeing maybe 1 vw per hour the whole trip, I was confronted by no less than 3 caddies, a bunch of A1's A2's and even a vanagon.
Collin (a terrific guy) gave me the grand tour. Their warehouse is just stacked to the roof with beautiful exhaust systems. Picked up a 2.5" A1 system, as well as a hydraulic 288 cam for my pal's gasser. Their shop was very cool too. They had all sorts of neat stuff going on in there. There's an IDI dieselist in their midst as well, and I directed him to this site. Hopefully he'll  join us sometime soon.
Anyway, if anyone is ever in the neighbourhood of sheridan OR, take the time to go visit the boys at TT. It's worth it. (I drove a total of 13 hrs and would do it again.)

I repair, maintain and modify VW's and BMW's.
Good work done at affordable rates. Welding and fabricating, too.
Performance Diesel Injection's Super Pump: gotta have one!

Reply #1November 23, 2004, 02:20:45 pm

fspGTD

• Veteran

• http://home.comcast.net/~vwgtd
Oregon boonies trip
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2004, 02:20:45 pm »
Hey Dr. D- you must have driven right through Seattle!  Next time give a little warning and swing by why don't cha!  :)

That techtonics tour sounds like it was fun!
Jake Russell
'81 VW Rabbit GTD Autocrosser 1.6lTD, SCCA FSP Class
Dieselicious Turbocharger Upgrade/Rebuild Kits

Reply #2November 23, 2004, 04:32:27 pm

Dr. Diesel

• Authorized Vendor
  • Veteran

Oregon boonies trip
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2004, 04:32:27 pm »
it was a last-second decision I made when I discovered that I had awoke about 3 hours earlier than planned, and couldn't get back to sleep!

hmmm... can't sleep... I think I'll go to Techtonics!! :D

Reply #3November 23, 2004, 04:56:26 pm

DVST8R

• Veteran

Oregon boonies trip
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2004, 04:56:26 pm »
Welcome to the wet coast, at least its not frozen :roll: . Let me know if you need ideas to keep you occupied while you are here. :twisted:
The Brett of the board...

The Dark Side of Beauty.[/i]

Reply #4November 24, 2004, 06:27:43 am

Dr. Diesel

• Authorized Vendor
  • Veteran

Oregon boonies trip
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2004, 06:27:43 am »
ideas are always welcome. I work 3 am-11 am, tuesday-saturday so it's kinda weird that way. I'm thinking about giving RPI a visit after work this morning. (it's 3:30 am now) How far from richmond is chilliwack?

Reply #5November 24, 2004, 07:10:56 pm

DVST8R

• Veteran

Oregon boonies trip
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2004, 07:10:56 pm »
depends on the time of day rush hour its like forever :roll:  but under normal driving conditions 1.5H approx. Those are definatley akward hours, but atleast tunning shops will be open 8)
The Brett of the board...

The Dark Side of Beauty.[/i]

S-PAutomotive.com