Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: HELP Need a TDi-M Injection Pump  (Read 5637 times)

Reply #15December 23, 2006, 10:52:35 am

Patrick

• Veteran

HELP Need a TDi-M Injection Pump
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2006, 10:52:35 am »
What about Giles? He's a lot closer than Ohio!

I'll bet he knows his way around that thing!

Reply #16December 23, 2006, 01:26:13 pm

VDub_Fun

• Junior

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2006, 01:26:13 pm »
I actually contacted Giles, he said that if I gave him an electronic pump and a mechanical (1.6 or 1.9) that he "should" be able to figure it out. For that reason I sent off my electronic one to Ohio since they have done many mechaical TDi pumps, and I need a quick turn around so that I can finally have my car back.
So far this has been the swap from hell. 1st motor I got was totally blown apart internally, I found out this after I got all the maintance items done on it was was changing the oil pan gasket because the one on the motor didnt look to heathly and I had a new one anyways. I was told this was a good strong running motor! Dropped the pan and found large chuncks of pistion rings, and head material, got a second one, installed some maintance items, and swapped everything from the blown motor to this one, went to put the new clutch and flywheel on that I had, and found out the new flywheel wasnt compatable with my pressure plate, same with the old one both were single pin, pressure plate was double pin. Installed the motor, hooked everything up, and the IP turns out to be bad.

Reply #17December 23, 2006, 03:15:00 pm

Turbinepowered

• Veteran

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2006, 03:15:00 pm »
Hopefully you made that first seller own up to his BS!  :shock:  :x  :evil:

Reply #18December 23, 2006, 03:47:43 pm

VDub_Fun

• Junior

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2006, 03:47:43 pm »
Oh I made the seller own up to it, he was the one that provied the second motor to me, too bad he wont make good on the mechanical injection pump. The second one is in far better shape, both externally and internally. The second motor has about 100 000kms on it, according to the cluster that went with the motor. Internally it checks out and does appear to have about 100 000kms on it. The first motor has a VNT17 turbo on it that I will not be running due to doubting how good it is, I will have to dissasemble it an make sure every thing is in check. There is very little shaft play as there should be since there is no oil in the bearings, fins on the exhaust and intake look good, but for peace of mind I will dissasemble it and inspect it, same goes the with injectors. As for the injectors I will just be keeping the bodies and having the nozzles changed out, even though the nozzles in the injectors are supposed to be the .216's

Reply #19December 23, 2006, 03:52:02 pm

VDub_Fun

• Junior

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2006, 03:52:02 pm »
Once I get my car up and running, I will make a detailed post in the TDi part of this site detailing everything that went right and everything that went totally wrong and the costs for everything.

I just want to thank everyone that has replied for their help  :)

S-PAutomotive.com