Author Topic: Would it fit?  (Read 3067 times)

December 12, 2006, 11:00:04 pm

Turbinepowered

• Veteran

Would it fit?
« on: December 12, 2006, 11:00:04 pm »
In my quest for better looking lighting (not to mention better lighting) for my '86 Quantum Syncro, I've hit a snag. See, I love the look of the four round headlights, or really just round headlights in general.

Unfortunately, it seems the Quantums never had them, so I'm stuck making up my own. I've found something that might work, but I'm not sure it will fit/quite meet what I have in mind.

This might work for what I need it to do, but will a Golf/Jetta grill fit on a Quantum?

The other questions following, of course, are whether or not those lamps are sealed beam type (I'd like to go HID, at least for the High Beams, and besides that your options are limited when it comes to sealed beam lights), what the lenses are made of (Glass, oh so preferable to plastic!), and so on and so forth.

Anyone with experience/ own one a grill of this type, and could give me some answers?

Reply #1December 13, 2006, 01:35:49 am

LeeG

• Veteran

Would it fit?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 01:35:49 am »
I've got a mk2 quad round grill & rad support hanging in the shed.  two big and two small round.  Off a GTI golf I think.  Not sealed beam.

I can take some measurements if you tell me what you want to know.
'97 Passat TDI

Reply #2December 13, 2006, 11:03:55 am

MacGyver

• Junior

Would it fit?
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 11:03:55 am »
Can't help you with the Quantum fitment, but if you can make it work you WILL like it.

After hitting a deer that failed to properly signal, I bought the aftermarket GTI setup for my 87 Jetta from RPI. Think it mighta been Ron's parts back then...
This was ~10yrs ago but had I known what an improvement it made, I woulda done it when I first got the car!
They are glass, the large hi/lo's use H4 bulbs, the small hi beams use H1's.
Both are available in upsizes should you feel the need to cook roadkill & ricers.
I never upgraded my bulbs. Compared to stock headlights, they outshone the sun as is 8)

http://www.rpiequipped.com/store/c192218.2.html

Fixmyvw.com