Engine Specific Info and Questions > TDI Engine -General Info

Help with Fiat Croma pump

<< < (2/3) > >>

jimbote:
this is my first post....and wondering if the peugeot pump I just bought off of ebay will be a good candidate for a tdi M?....its out of a 1995 peugeot 405 with a 1.9 tdi engine....dont have it in my hands yet...(its on the way from UK via DHL) but as soon as I do I'll post the part number....thanks....

Tintin:

--- Quote from: "jimbote" ---this is my first post....and wondering if the peugeot pump I just bought off of ebay will be a good candidate for a tdi M?....its out of a 1995 peugeot 405 with a 1.9 tdi engine....dont have it in my hands yet...(its on the way from UK via DHL) but as soon as I do I'll post the part number....thanks....
--- End quote ---

Peugeot 405 1.9 TD engine, 1992 a 1997:
0 460 494 309
0 460 494 344

Y do not have good parts inside this pump, 9mm plunger, came plate as the same profile has 1.9TD AAZ.....  etc.....

The only good thing, this pump has an 20mm main shaft, for the remainder, it is really not a good pump.

jimbote:
so the plunger is 9mm....ok will the cam plate and plunger from the tdi vw fit without modification?....how will it run?......I'm glad it has the 20mm shaft....and the boost aneroid....have you worked with these pumps before...?....

Tintin:
Give me the reference number of this pump before buying it, i will check with your number if it is 20mm.

The TDI came plate and plunger fit in this pump,  but, that will not go correctly, you will need another control lever, régulator valve, advance timing mechanism, etc... of another pump.

It is really difficult to mount a mechanical pump with parts of 3-4 different pump, and the adjustment is not also simple for going well.

Try to find another pump better suitable, and less modification.

jimbote:
hmmm....well I actually purchased the pump last week....its already on it's way from the queens country....I only paid $10.49 usd for the pump....but the shipping was about ten times that....should be here monday....I'll post the numbers to you when I have it in hand....if not a good candidate for my tdi M.....then maybe good for my 1.6td project caddy.....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version