Engine Specific Info and Questions > TDI Engine -General Info

Help with Fiat Croma pump

(1/3) > >>

syncroserge:
A buddy with a tdi ( mecanical pump Fiat Croma) in his Vanagon is
not impressed with the results.

Is it possible, from the Bosch numbers on the pump, to find out
if the pump was from a di or idi engine???

0 460 414 059
VE R 286-1
011 170 831881

This is a good pump, 20mm shaft, 11mm plunger, proper boost pin
and supposedly comes from a 2.4l engine. It should produce decent
power.

What say you experts??

Benjamin:
i realy think this pump comes from a 1.9tdi.
the 1.9tdi or also called turbo D.I.D was the first car with a D.I, it got 90hp
Fiat croma also had a 2.5 bit this was a t IDI engine with a K26.
sorry if i make a mistake, but the croma 1.9tdi got a VNT25 turbo.
tomorow i look to my croma pump to confirm, Sebzero from the french section should also know this

Greetz, Benjamin

Tintin:
This pump, ............ 414 059, is installed on FIAT croma 1.9 TD i.d. 1988 to 1992, and on the croma 2.5TD 1989 and 1990,   and some croma 2.0 TD i.d.

With larger injector nozzle, this pump works well, the cam plate is not the best for the engine VW TDI, but rather good, one can located between the cam plate of AAZ and TDI.

If not, you can put the cam plate of VW TDI in your fiat pump, but as regards the control lever, that will be one can limiting, but it will go it much better is a fact.

That would be good to replace the advance timing piston, and the cap, because that of pump FIAT does not offer much displacement.

scopefrfd:
I'm using a croma pump....out of the box...it will run great until 3K...then it starts shutting down right?

It's the governor.....and rotate the fuel pin or get an aftermarket pin like I did to get more fuel under boost.  The governor is one big spring...I bound a few of the coils with some fine stainless steel wire and now it flies.  

I'm also running ,205's and that seems plenty I can make it smoke like a pig if I want.  I can get to 100mph in no time...turbo will affect performance..alot of people get the t3 from a 1.6td...I'm using a smaller k14 running to 22psi max..intercooled of course

Benjamin:

--- Quote ---tomorow i look to my croma pump to confirm, Sebzero from the french section should also know this
--- End quote ---

My croma 1.9tdi (spare)pump: 0 460 414 058

Greetz, Benjamin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version