Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: cyl head, IP, and inj rebuilds  (Read 2039 times)

September 15, 2006, 03:05:29 pm

ejust

• Junior

cyl head, IP, and inj rebuilds
« on: September 15, 2006, 03:05:29 pm »
Its been a while since ive been on here, but i was wondering if you all could give me some tips and point me in the right direction of who or where is the best place to get the cyl head, Inj Pump, and injectors rebuilt.

The car runs decent and gets about 43mpg (18km/L) hwy (@65-70mph (105-110kmh)], but its lacking in power and burns oil pretty bad. It uses over 1qt (1 L) every 100mi (160km). Thats starting to get costly. I have a feeling the valve guides are shot and a couple valves are bent too. It was ticking bad until i replaced the timing belt sometime back, and now it doesnt tick but the oil usage is increasing. I replaced the head gasket last year and wasnt till about two month after i learned the 1.6L TD is an interference engine so i have a feeling that was the noise when i first bought the car so i wish i had the head done back then.  How much to replace valves and guides?

Next, how much for the injectors as i think one isnt popping open quite at the same pressure either. Im sure new nozzles are in order anyhow since the car has 229k mi (368k km).

And lastly...the costly pump. I know the cold start actuator rod (i have an A2 with idle boost) needs replacing along with the seals and stuff. I think its not building the pressures it should anymore because the car accelerates better if i pump the throttle as it accerates.

Im not looking for any fancyness here, just some basic rebuilds to stop the oil usage and get the inj system up to par again. Im in school full time so funds are very tight for me so i have to be very cautious. I appreciate all your input and help and enjoy these forums!

V-dubs r cool n Audi's rule,
German cars make me drool!
'86 Jetta TD (Hoop-D)
'86 Audi 5000S

Reply #1September 22, 2006, 05:49:53 pm

ejust

• Junior

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 05:49:53 pm »
anyone with suggestions???  :(
V-dubs r cool n Audi's rule,
German cars make me drool!
'86 Jetta TD (Hoop-D)
'86 Audi 5000S

Reply #2September 22, 2006, 06:02:33 pm

burn_your_money

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Bright, On
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 06:02:33 pm »
giles for the pump, not sure what else he does though
Tyler

Reply #3September 22, 2006, 06:15:32 pm

Chestrockwell

• Junior

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 06:15:32 pm »
Giles did my pump and injectors; well worth the cash.