Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: What's going on.....?  (Read 1987 times)

September 29, 2004, 10:54:01 am

Jetta Jockey

What's going on.....?
« on: September 29, 2004, 10:54:01 am »
Every o(u)nce in a while my car will give out a big puff of dark (fuel) smoke while driven at a steady high rpm (no tach), speed is usually around 80 mph. Engine will rev ever so slightly and the car will actually feel like it is going faster for the split second it takes for this anomaly to transpire.
Someone told me it was fuel impurities getting burned up in the combustion chambers. It seems like this occurs more often when I don't put any fuel additive in at fill up. Any ideas?

Steve
'05 Golf GLS TDI-PD 8)
'91 1.6NA (Foul Weather Car);)

Reply #1September 30, 2004, 09:19:35 am

chrissev

• Veteran

Re: What's going on.....?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2004, 09:19:35 am »
Quote from: "Jetta Jockey"
Every o(u)nce in a while my car will give out a big puff of dark (fuel) smoke while driven at a steady high rpm (no tach), speed is usually around 80 mph. Engine will rev ever so slightly and the car will actually feel like it is going faster for the split second it takes for this anomaly to transpire.
Someone told me it was fuel impurities getting burned up in the combustion chambers. It seems like this occurs more often when I don't put any fuel additive in at fill up. Any ideas?

might be oil getting into the cylinders and burning.
88 Jetta TD....sold for $1000, bought an 06 Cobalt, clearing out the diesel jetta stuff now

Reply #2September 30, 2004, 09:34:33 am

Jetta Jockey

Thanks For The Input
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2004, 09:34:33 am »
Chris, I'm pretty sure this is a fuel problem. The car uses very little oil and the smoke is black, not the blue normally associated with oil burning.
Does anyone know of a reputable place to purchase injectors, rebuilt or new? I think these may have something to do with my "problem". I think at least one of my injectors may be "dripping" fuel onto the glowplug causing it to destruct over a period of time. And possibly contributing to this smokescreen malady.
Steve
'05 Golf GLS TDI-PD 8)
'91 1.6NA (Foul Weather Car);)

S-PAutomotive.com