Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: FS: COMPLETE and running 1.5 NA diesel engine 150k  (Read 3578 times)

August 30, 2006, 06:58:34 pm

RabbitGTDguy

• Veteran

FS: COMPLETE and running 1.5 NA diesel engine 150k
« on: August 30, 2006, 06:58:34 pm »
Well, after some thought...long thought, I've decided to let this go as another TDI deal has come up and I'd like to jump on it before it goes by the wayside for a swap into an MKII for a daily driver or possibly a Passat wagon if I find one to my suiting. I had big plans for this motor to either turn it into an awesome generator or rebuild it for another rabbit. Though, after tasting just the break in of the mTDI in my MK1 I don't think I could ever go back... so...the story on this motor.

150k from my knowledge and all records I have from what I know. Fairly low miles IMO for a diesel of this age. Came out of my 79 MK1 that I swapped the mTDI into. Was consistentily netting me upwards of 38 mpg and I drove it daily all last fall, winter and this spring with ZERO problems. Only oil it uses is what seeps out the oil pan gasket after sitting warm which I can help out with as I have a nice rubber version of the gasket for whoever gets this. Everything is good on the motor...install as is...or rebuild for a rev happy little diesel. Dual outlet style manifold and I even have a complete good stock exhaust if anyone is interested for the mk1. New mid pipe, newer over the axle and a orginal VW/Audi muffler that must have been dealer replaced (and still is good) that I got on the car. Will list this seperately unless someone wants it with the motor. All is there and ready to go. Needs a cleaning, but is clean for a diesel...not all oiled up, etc. Like i said...just didn't use/leak it :)

Best offer for the COMPLETE motor will get it... I also have a GC code 4 speed or possibly one of my 5 speeds I could let go with it if there is interest. Pickup only....might possibly drive a little ways if helped, but other than that...not planning on shipping this one. Located in Elmira, NY 14905...

Make me an offer here via PM or email [email protected]   Also, could provide pics. Its sitting nice and safely in my basement, warm and covered so its not drawing moisture, etc.

Joe

1979 Rabbit mTDI crazy $*(\%& bunny...
1972 VW Westfalia
2009 VW Tiguan SE 2.0T (Wife's car)
2001 Audi TT 225 Quattro Roadster (something newer :) )

Reply #1August 31, 2006, 10:24:12 pm

RabbitGTDguy

• Veteran

FS: COMPLETE and running 1.5 NA diesel engine 150k
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 10:24:12 pm »
PICS ADDED!!!

1979 Rabbit mTDI crazy $*(\%& bunny...
1972 VW Westfalia
2009 VW Tiguan SE 2.0T (Wife's car)
2001 Audi TT 225 Quattro Roadster (something newer :) )

S-PAutomotive.com