Author Topic: Finally mounted my ECOdiesel turbo...  (Read 177 times)

April 18, 2024, 09:22:32 pm

oblique

• Veteran

Finally mounted my ECOdiesel turbo...
« on: April 18, 2024, 09:22:32 pm »
After a long time searching I found a rebuilt turbocharger with nothing but bench miles, basically fresh. part no. 068145704D

After even more searching, I finally tracked down someone in the UK parting out a few GTDs and got some drain lines shipped over.

1. the 1.6 intake elbow does not work...i managed to get it on but its kinked and does not sit well at all. going to try and use an AAZ elbow and AAZ k14 rubber hose.
2. the usual 1.6 intake heat shields do not work...had to grind down the lower one to clear a bolt and the top one wouldnt fit at all.
2. the turbo inlet is much smaller than the usual k24/T3...i had to build up the difference with duct tape...will need to find an intake pipe and apparently airbox as well is different.
4. supply line is different...the k14 sits about 1" or 1.5" lower than k24..i bent to fit but did not like it at all.
5. the turbo seems to have a slight rotation over k24/t3...i have TT downpipe so it has some give but just barely.

anyone have any spares? i usually try to be thorough..right now i feel like driving a gingerbread house..