Author Topic: IS THERE A COMPETENT REPAIR SHOP PORTLAND, OR  (Read 1361 times)

January 11, 2024, 07:45:58 pm

thomas m

• Junior

IS THERE A COMPETENT REPAIR SHOP PORTLAND, OR
« on: January 11, 2024, 07:45:58 pm »
I feel silly asking this question. There used to be some fairly good shops in Portland, Oregon. I managed to do most of my own maintenance over the years and not use the shops. I am less able to that these days as I have had my car for 30 some years. Any way, there may be some decent shops that I do not know about. So, does any one know of any decent, competent shops in Portland or Vancouver, WA? Are there any other options?? I'm thinking of some engine work like replacing the head gasket and coolant. The coolant seems to be continually filling itself. See my engine specs below.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2024, 07:49:06 pm by thomas m »

Thomas, Original owner since new:
1991 MK2 Jetta Non-turbo 1.6 diesel, Engine Code ME, 5 speed 020 AWY 04120 transmission, Hydraulic Lifters,
320,000 miles
LOOKING FOR REBUILD OPTIONS IN PORTLAND, OR OR ON THE WEST COAST

Reply #1January 11, 2024, 09:14:35 pm

ORCoaster

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Restoring a Caddy as time and weather allows
Re: IS THERE A COMPETENT REPAIR SHOP PORTLAND, OR
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2024, 09:14:35 pm »
When I had a job in Portland about 8 years ago I would go to Halsey Automotive for parts.  I think they also did repairs so give them a look.  https://www.halsey-parts.com/  They are on the SE side of town and a bit weird to get to from the north but with Google Maps and a navigation app, I don't think you will get to misdirected.

Then there is always Yelp and other rating service ways to see what is around the area you live in.  The above is one I have used and they, at the time were good and knew their stuff,  maybe all those old farts got Covid and are gone now.