Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: Aaz injection line differences  (Read 848 times)

January 09, 2024, 03:26:17 pm

oblique

• Veteran

Aaz injection line differences
« on: January 09, 2024, 03:26:17 pm »
Guys going nuts here..all of these appear to be same length (vs longer 1.6 @injectors) but every single set has varied bends and shape.
Yes, one set is missing #4 which is now I got onto this rabbihole..is there a definitive way?

Reply #1January 09, 2024, 10:31:35 pm

RabbitJockey

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    America, DUCK YEAH!!!
Re: Aaz injection line differences
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2024, 10:31:35 pm »
i am confused about what you are asking. Are you trying to check if these are all AAZ lines? Or are you sure that theyre AAZ lines and you're just asking why they are different?

also, 1.6 have shorter single stage injectors and shorter delivery valves. 1.9 has longer delivery valves and taller injectors, and the block is taller too so that would make the injectors lines longer.

early aaz engines may have had shorter injectors and shorter delivery valves but i'm not sure.
01 Jetta TDI 100% stock daily
81 Rabbit:TDI-M ported head, Frank06 cam, PD intake, hybrid T3 turbo, Renault intercooler, Syl20 11mm pump, light weight fw, and yellow California Clutch clutch kit

Reply #2January 10, 2024, 02:49:30 pm

oblique

• Veteran

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2024, 02:49:30 pm »
I *thought* these were all aaz lines but now im not so sure.

Right, so aaz has 1/2"  taller deck height (with reference to pump mounting location being same as 1.6) which would make lines shorter vs 1.6 AND the aaz injectors are taller which would shorten them even more, assuming the angle of the lines with respect to the pump are same. Yes, delivery valve holders are longer on aaz vs 1.6 so they would theoretically be shorter @pump to bend but aging depends on if the routing is same as 1.6.

I did not know aaz lines had so many configs either. I have some homework to do.

Reply #3January 29, 2024, 08:58:54 am

oblique

• Veteran

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2024, 08:58:54 am »
Well i managed to mo l them all up...pump with pulley is 1.6, rest are aaz.

Lining up with mounting flange all the lines hit the injectors. 2 sets of lines (2 pumps at bottom, 1 missing top cover) seem to be at shallower angles but its tough to get all these pumps sitting at exact same angle.

So 4 sets of aaz lines, every single one with different profile  ???

Edit:
1. Does anyone have a source (or part no.) For the line clamps? I like the 1.6 style, metal with rubber grommets)
2. I am missing #3 line on the last set...if anyone has a spare please do let me know!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2024, 09:13:06 am by oblique »

Reply #4January 29, 2024, 09:22:40 pm

ORCoaster

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Restoring a Caddy as time and weather allows
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2024, 09:22:40 pm »
What are you going to do with all those pumps?  You can only run one at a time so do you have that many engine blocks as well?  Some might say you have hoarder tendencies.  But then don't we all?

Reply #5January 31, 2024, 04:31:14 pm

oblique

• Veteran

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2024, 04:31:14 pm »
Yep, and that's not even the half of it  ;D ;D

I'll talk to Giles soon methinks.

I think were all nutters here...you can easily get double the hp from a tdi motor with same or better efficiency...I guess it depends what shell you're working with...I hate to mess up a perfectly good 40 year old wiring harness and engine bay with a newer motor... :-X

If anyone has a cleaner 2dr german rabbit shell pls hollah at me.

Fixmyvw.com