Author Topic: WTB 1990 Glow plug relay connector pigtail  (Read 1885 times)

July 11, 2023, 09:47:18 pm

Ohiobenz

• Junior

WTB 1990 Glow plug relay connector pigtail
« on: July 11, 2023, 09:47:18 pm »
Looking for the wiring harness connector for the 1.6td glow plug relay with about 6" or more of wires on it.
Should be a 7 pin female connector for two large, two 1/4" and three 1/8" spade terminals.

Not sure if this is a terminal block type of connection or a relay similar to a 5 pin connection.

This is to replace the current timer+60A relay setup in my Samurai.

'88 Suzuki Samurai with '85 1.6 TD
K14 turbo
BOV eliminated
Giles performance built IP

Reply #1July 11, 2023, 10:07:25 pm

ORCoaster

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Restoring a Caddy as time and weather allows
Re: WTB 1990 Glow plug relay connector pigtail
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2023, 10:07:25 pm »
My connection to the relay was fussy about three months back.  I figured out that the little tabs that are supposed to keep the individual female side of the wires inside the plastic were not all there.  I carefully pulled all the wires out of the back of that relay block and just put them on the relay and secured them well with electrical tape. 

I sort of pinched the female part to make it tighter on the relay spade part.  Individual tape on each wire.  I cut or tore the electrical tape to be very thin strips to do all this.  And of course, you have to lay on your back in the driver's footwell, look up at the relay and work everything right in front of your nose.  Very trying to say the least.

But they have not come off and I am not sure if I want to mix up some epoxy and glue those wires in place in the block at all anymore.  I still have the block so I may still do it.  Bigger fish to fry first. 

Fixmyvw.com