Model Specific Questions and Info > MK2 Golf/Jetta and Audi 5k

1992 1.6TD ECOdiesel

<< < (3/3)

ORCoaster:
That does not sound right.  Possibly something not together right inside the pump?  The screw pushes on a part that controls fuel feed, not throttle linkage. 

KCroz1104:
I was able to fix the screw from hitting anything. But now i start the car, it runs EXTREMELY rough, car is shaking, i have a video of the engine bay when im in the car, i press the gas pedal a few times. throttle control lever moves everytime i press the gas pedal (like it normally would) but the RPM doesn't change, like theres no power, even though i'm pressing the pedal and revving it up. I take my foot off the pedal and the RPMs rise very quickly almost like it’s running away. then i turned the car off. no idea what is happening

ORCoaster:
When I have that pedal down no increase in RPM I generally have the fuel screw backed out just a tiny bit too far.  If I screw it in like a quarter of a turn the pedal does become responsive.  I may need to turn it a bit more in order to get the truck to move up an incline away from the house. 

The near run-away that you describe is very odd.  It is almost like the springs are not engaged on the throttle and it just pushes it around.  The governor should be preventing that.  The counterweights keep pressure on the control mechanism.  Maybe that is not adjusted tight enough?  I think it is a counter-clockwise thread so more pressure would be like taking it off. 

fatmobile:
That's weird.
 With your foot on the peddle no RPMs.
 Then you take your foot off and RPMs increase.

All I can guess is you put the spring on wrong.
So instead of pulling on the internal lever it's pushing on it.

On another note:
 The max fuel screw needs to be backed out all the way to put the top back on,.. then screw it in.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version