Model Specific Questions and Info > MK2 Golf/Jetta and Audi 5k

1992 1.6TD ECOdiesel

<< < (2/3) > >>

KCroz1104:
A guy from vwvortex is getting ready to send me a replacement tomorrow from a IP he tore down. Any other tips on getting the old one out? I may take it to an auto mechanic near me and have him get it out and put the new one in if possible.

ORCoaster:
I am wondering if you can pop the top off of the IP and remove the internals enough to get a grab on the inner part of the screw and turn it enough to get it to back out far enough to get a piece of it on the outside and continue to remove it. 

Got a set of counterclockwise drills?  They sometimes bite into a bolt and just spin it out. 

KCroz1104:
Im wondering the same thing, a buddy recommended me to grab on the end of the screw sticking out inside the injection pump with pliers and just turn it until I can get it through the outside of the IP. It was also recommended to spray pb blaster into the hole where the screw should be on the outside of the Injection Pump to get the screw loose everyday for a couple days until I decide to try and get it out. Would this be effective? I also heard drilling it out could potentially ruin the injection pump by getting metal shavings in the internals aswell, that or it could ruin the thread in the IP. Is that a concern? i would assume not if I just drill it out slowly. My dad has left hand drill bits and easy outs that I could use. I asked an uploader on youtube that disassembled a bosch ve and he said if I can get ahold of the end of the screw inside the IP that I can just screw it out by hand. Not sure what the best/safest method would be.

ORCoaster:
I would say the safest method is to get at it from the inside of the pump.  I would not risk drilling unless it is ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY.  Like you say, damage to threads, shavings in the pump, and all sorts of bad things will happen unless everything goes like perfect.  And when was the last time working on a VW went that way? 

Pop the top and try from the inside.  That is where I would start.  Go slow and don't force it.  PB Blaster soak is a great idea.

KCroz1104:
got the old screw out after taking the top off the pump and putting the pump back together, I put the new screw in and it seems as if the new screw is pushing up against the throttle, I tighten it and the throttle moves. Loosen it and the throttle goes back to normal. Any ideas?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version