S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: problems at starting,power related?  (Read 1287 times)

July 23, 2019, 05:10:36 pm

carrizog60

• Veteran

problems at starting,power related?
« on: July 23, 2019, 05:10:36 pm »
hi
have been some misfires at start-up,almost go away with cold lever out or if i give it some throttle.
when hot idle seems a bit lumpier,making a compassed sound.

i think it is worse after i adjusted the pump for more fuel)now its almost maxxed out ):
steps i did:
 -fuel screw in
-rotated one more spline(already have done it before) in throttle lever to lower idle,backed out stop screw and unscrew idle adjuster on back of the pump- first movement had no reaction(or barelly) on idle but idle was ok
-unscrew the bolt that holds fuel shutoff lever tight against the tab where idle screw rod attaches (on back of the pump) and move it so i could have adjustment on the lever

now it feels that the throttle has more travel to deliver the same fuel and has the problems said earlier...

its a 1.9 1Y engine,1.6 pump(timed it at 0.95mm,governor mod,removed shim on timing cap) and injectors,vnt2052v turbo.

so,assuming that these settings are what is causing the troubles is there a way to put them back were they were and still have the fuel all in?
if not related to this,what could be? spark plugs heat ok,starts at first even cold,good power and almost no smoke

thanks

vw golf gti G60--vw passat 1.9td gt2052v
yamaha vmax 1200- yamaha tdm 850
Portugal