Author Topic: Oil filter water cooling pipework help required.  (Read 3613 times)

September 08, 2004, 07:14:17 pm

Addy ACL

Oil filter water cooling pipework help required.
« on: September 08, 2004, 07:14:17 pm »
I have just changed engines in my 96' LT 45 from the ACL intercooled engine (after the crank nuked itself) to a non intercooled earlier series engine, there are a few minor differences between these engines, although the block and sump are 99% identical, the head is slightly different.

The other minor difference is that on the Intercooled engine the water pipes for the oil filter housing, had one pipe going into the block adjacent to the oil filter, but the new engine i have fitted, does not have the port fitted to the block to facilitate this, what should i do to enable the oil / water cooler to still be used, would it be adviseable to tee it off into another water line, as this would be the easier option.

Also the removed intercooler engine is going to be stripped down and all the decent undamaged parts sold off.

There is the intercooler and pipework, head, turbo and injector pump, which i know are in ok condition, as for the rest of the engine, i will not know for a while yet.

Please bear in mind i am in the UK, for my sins.

regards Mark

S-PAutomotive.com