Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: Rabbit TD vs Grand Am GT V6  (Read 3437 times)

June 20, 2006, 08:31:22 pm

Dr. Diesel

• Authorized Vendor
  • Veteran

Rabbit TD vs Grand Am GT V6
« on: June 20, 2006, 08:31:22 pm »
On the way to work today, I was enjoying my country road route to it's fullest. I came to a stop at a T intersection, wanting to turn right. There was a car coming in the distance, but there was plenty of separation. I turned and started accelerating. I glanced in my mirror, and he was closing in with suprising rapidity. Must be one of those dolts who accelerates to make it look like you cut them off. I accelerated as hard as I could, and he finally slowly passed me when I reached 130km/h.
I matched him at 140, and kept it up to force him to hold the speed  he had accelerated to. It was easy to tell he didn't want to be going that fast. Up ahead there was a car stopped, maybe about to check his mail or something. We slowed and safely passed after an oncoming car went by.
He was back in the right lane, accelerating hard (I could hear his bucket of bolts roaring). I stayed in the passing lane and went by. As I passed him, he gave me thumbs up, though I couldn't tell if it was a positive or sarcastic thumbs up. I pulled into the right lane, still under full steam, and brought it all the way up to 170. He slowly fell further and further away, and by the time I had to turn off, there was enough space between us that he didn't need to slow down much if at all. Shortly after I turned down my side street, he went by like a bat out of hell.
201hp and 221 ft.lb sack of crap, owned by an 81 diesel rabbit.
Suc Ker!

I repair, maintain and modify VW's and BMW's.
Good work done at affordable rates. Welding and fabricating, too.
Performance Diesel Injection's Super Pump: gotta have one!

Reply #1June 20, 2006, 10:51:49 pm

SMOKEYDUB

• Veteran

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 10:51:49 pm »
:D
12mm PUMP 'O' DEATH on a 1.6L
(courtesy of GILES)

2000 NISSAN XTERRA (5 SPD)
1990 VW JETTA 20 VALVE DRAG CAR
1984 RABBIT TD 2dr (SOLD)
1.8t AEB soon around 550 whp

Reply #2August 31, 2006, 03:24:34 pm

jamesdemien

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 03:24:34 pm »
I love smokin petrol cars on the open road...
If you got caughtDriving While Intoxicated in Missouri or got a MO Speeding Ticket then check these out.

Reply #3October 20, 2006, 04:59:18 pm

HarryMann

• Junior

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2006, 04:59:18 pm »
Must be one of those dolts who accelerates to make it look like you cut them off. I accelerated as hard as I could, and he finally slowly passed me when I reached 130km/h.
I matched him at 140, and kept it up to force him to hold the speed he had accelerated to. It was easy to tell he didn't want to be going that fast.

Sounds about spot on... hoist with his own petard!

Fixmyvw.com