Author Topic: ADDING A TURBO TO A NON-TURBO 84 RABBIT DIESEL?  (Read 4830 times)

August 24, 2004, 10:13:38 pm

Rafael

ADDING A TURBO TO A NON-TURBO 84 RABBIT DIESEL?
« on: August 24, 2004, 10:13:38 pm »
HI EVERYONE, I JUST BOUGT AN 84 RABBIT DIESEL ANS I WAS WONDERING WHAT CAN I DO TO MAKE IT FASTER, IT HAS A 3 + E TANSMITION, AND THE FASTES SPEED I GOT WAS LIKE 83 MPH, WHAT DO U GUYS RECOMEND ME TO DO, TO MAKE IT FASTER, PLEASE SEND AS MUCH INFO AS YOU CAN, THANKS, .

Reply #1August 25, 2004, 07:32:22 am

Centurion

• Junior

ADDING A TURBO TO A NON-TURBO 84 RABBIT DIESEL?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2004, 07:32:22 am »
Not to take the wind outta your sails - but just read! - use the search button. There are plenty of good discussions about getting your bunny to rip.

But I hate to break it to you! - A Normally Aspirated engine does not take a turbo without a lotta mods. Not the least of which is oil squirters at the bottom of the pistons.

Now to answer Why you need - this - I know of one mechanic who used a block off a NA - on a Turbo head.

The build lasted about 2000 miles - when the #3 wrist pin siezed - when pulled - it had frozen onto the rod. Real mess!

The addon turbo kits do not boost the pressures to the level that the factory KKK turbos can.. Specifically I think the addons are about 5 to 7 psi.  And if you plug every hole - 14 or a little more on the factory installs.

cheers C
90 Jetta TD - 589,000km, 90 Jetta TD 448, FrankenJetta ...looking for a Can