Author Topic: hey jake move pics if needed??  (Read 3755 times)

April 25, 2006, 10:22:25 pm

hillfolk'r

• Veteran

hey jake move pics if needed??
« on: April 25, 2006, 10:22:25 pm »
:D

greenie meanies!!works w/keyon power,and hooked up to an extra defog switch,in the spareblank,and little light is functional on the switch,etc

Throttle cables ftw

Reply #1April 26, 2006, 12:15:19 am

fspGTD

• Veteran

• http://home.comcast.net/~vwgtd
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 12:15:19 am »
Sweet man - like your new camera!  (No move needed on this one.  :wink: )
Jake Russell
'81 VW Rabbit GTD Autocrosser 1.6lTD, SCCA FSP Class
Dieselicious Turbocharger Upgrade/Rebuild Kits

Reply #2April 26, 2006, 12:42:45 am

hillfolk'r

• Veteran

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 12:42:45 am »
its about time,,now that i have it,ive been takin lots of pics w/ it,still learning it,even on auto,it still blurrs pics sometimes sort of easy,its a hp photosmart m415, i guess i can do videos on it too,,ill figure that out,and maybe do some smokeys and stuff :D
Throttle cables ftw

Reply #3April 26, 2006, 12:47:46 am

hillfolk'r

• Veteran

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 12:47:46 am »
um,i stuck amber bulbs in the reverse lamps,,then they are "jumpered " on cause my trans switch is broken. :cry: wierd? maybe could double as a fog lamp,sorta,,i still got normal turns,brakes,and parking lamps,during the day,theyare sorta dim,cause of the crap vht tint spray
Throttle cables ftw

Reply #4April 26, 2006, 12:55:20 am

fspGTD

• Veteran

• http://home.comcast.net/~vwgtd
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 12:55:20 am »
Some digital camera tips:
* usually the shutter button is two stage.  Pressing halfway down engages the autofocus.  Pressing it all the way snaps the picture.  The trick is to not rush right into the snapping of the picture, but to be patient and let the auto focus do its job first.  When it works right, it usually sounds a certain beeping sound and/or displays little lights to let you know its ready.  Sometimes the focus doesn't work, and makes a different sound and lights to let you know that, too.  In this case, let off the shutter button and try the autofocusing again.

* some digital cameras (not sure about HP... but I know on some canons) have a special mode that you have to select to do close up pictures, like getting detailed pics of small parts.  A common icon for this looks like a flower or tulip flower.  Read you manual about what you need to do to get your camera into close-up mode.  When this mode works right, you'll love the quality you can record of car parts. :)

Hehe... practice your photos and get enough enough at them, and we might need to pitch into a new keyboard fund for you. :wink:
Jake Russell
'81 VW Rabbit GTD Autocrosser 1.6lTD, SCCA FSP Class
Dieselicious Turbocharger Upgrade/Rebuild Kits

Reply #5April 26, 2006, 02:47:14 am

745 turbogreasel

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2006, 02:47:14 am »
What is that spooky green light?

my Volvo came with the lenses

RED
CLEAR
AMBER
RED

clear is reverse
amber is turn and/or park
lower red  is dim for tails, bright for brakes

For the longest time i couldn't figure out the upper reds...
'Rear fogs' come on bright as tails, but only with the low beams engaged and the dash switch on.

They are the best for tailgaiters (second only to smokescreen)

Oddly, every bulb on the car is a dual element 1157 bulb, but the lower red tails are the ONLY ones that use the dual element feature.

Reply #6April 27, 2006, 12:01:14 am

hillfolk'r

• Veteran

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2006, 12:01:14 am »
green lights are green bulbs in the,,city light holders :D crosshairs rule,,,,,,yes jake,ive been playin,,the autofocus deal works tons better,,and changin the mode for actionshots,etc,,makes a difference,pics are gettin better
Throttle cables ftw

Fixmyvw.com