Author Topic: 90 1.6 n/a vs 95 civic hatchback  (Read 2441 times)

April 20, 2006, 10:14:08 pm

SMOKEYDUB

• Veteran

90 1.6 n/a vs 95 civic hatchback
« on: April 20, 2006, 10:14:08 pm »
Ok to start this off my car has a blown headgasket. So anyways i was driving and i can see a local ricer screaming around cars so he can catch me at a light. So finally he gets me at a light (95 civic more then likely a 1.6). So i am minding my own buisness when he revs it up. So i look at him and grin And rev mine up and hold it on the fuel limiter. Light turns green and i let the clutch out like the animal i am and beat this kid all the way through first and second! i couldnt believe it. After second he started walking away from me. So i pull up next to him at the next light and i roll down my window and hes says "mine is only a 4 bangger!" i chuckled and said so is mine but mine is a non turbo diesel. and he had a weird look on his face like a confused one and   said rather loudly " WELL MINE ISNT TURBO EITHER!" and i just bursted out laughing and cruised home.

:lol:

Jeff

O and if you were wondering why im such a rapist to my engine its because i have a shinny new td just looking for a reason to jump under my hood.

12mm PUMP 'O' DEATH on a 1.6L
(courtesy of GILES)

2000 NISSAN XTERRA (5 SPD)
1990 VW JETTA 20 VALVE DRAG CAR
1984 RABBIT TD 2dr (SOLD)
1.8t AEB soon around 550 whp

Reply #1April 20, 2006, 10:20:12 pm

RabbitJockey

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    America, DUCK YEAH!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 10:20:12 pm »
lol that's exactly how i was when i stayed with a honda, first and second it had nothing on me, accept i didn't launch it at all
01 Jetta TDI 100% stock daily
81 Rabbit:TDI-M ported head, Frank06 cam, PD intake, hybrid T3 turbo, Renault intercooler, Syl20 11mm pump, light weight fw, and yellow California Clutch clutch kit

Reply #2April 21, 2006, 09:48:29 am

Dr. Diesel

• Authorized Vendor
  • Veteran

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 09:48:29 am »
I always used to include the qualifier "52 hp, 25 years ago" when describing just how embarrasing to their clanl my old N/A rabbit's (extremely rare) victims were. That really took away what little wind was left in their sails.
On in particular I can remember was an early 80's chev malibu 6 cyl, going up the very steep and winding "jolly cut" (escarpment access) in hamilton. What a hick! He got pissed off after hearing that and tried to peel away when the light turned green, but ended up stalling it. I left him in a cloud of soot.

nice kill.
I repair, maintain and modify VW's and BMW's.
Good work done at affordable rates. Welding and fabricating, too.
Performance Diesel Injection's Super Pump: gotta have one!

S-PAutomotive.com