Author Topic: 85 TD Jetta VS 81 TD Jetta  (Read 3320 times)

April 20, 2006, 04:49:32 pm

RabbitJockey

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    America, DUCK YEAH!!!
85 TD Jetta VS 81 TD Jetta
« on: April 20, 2006, 04:49:32 pm »
So me and my dad met at his friends house to have him check out my car, but he wasn't there so we left, and as soon as we got out of the drive way my dad was all over his 85 jetta, i knew he was getting on it because he had a tiny bit of smoke shooting out his tail pipe, so instinctively, i helped gravity out a little bit and put my foot on the floor, stayed with him there, then the whole time down this one big hill he was getting on it, then he stopped at some ladies house so i waited for him.  when he left i got in front, and didn't really hammer it till i got to the bottom of the hill and over this bridge which is very bumpy, then a big hill up starts, i was going 40 in 4th or 5th and i threw it into 3rd and floored it and took off, quick to follow my dad got up behind me  and then starting working his way up beside me, once i got to 50 i made a mistake and went into 4th, after that my dad slowly edged up, to where i was stairing in the window of his back door, then we  were getting to the top of the hill, so we both let off and i hit my brakes so he could in front me, a couple seconds(which is actually a long time in reality since he switched over to the correct side of the road way before anything could have happened) after my dad gets over a saturn flys over the hill.  thank god we were smart enough to let off, but god help us that we did this in the first place.  but i would say my dad definetly had me, i'd like to have another go at it, but only occassionally does my dad goofy and do stuff like this, so who knows if i will.

i thought it was an interesting race, my dads 85 4 door has ac(obviously wasn't on, he rebuilt his motor a year ago, but it's completely stock.  my car which is a mk1 2 door, with out ac, obviously lighter, but i have an FF tranny, and my dad has the normal td tranny, the code starts with a G, i forget what it is.  but he has short gears, plus he has a tach so he knew more what was going on with his car.  he also has a garrett turbo, where as i have a k24 although the compressor is chewed up a bit, but i also have the advantage of a 2 1/4 exhaust.  so neato.  i think our engines are different codes too, mines a CY for sure, and i think his is an MV, but i'm not 100%

01 Jetta TDI 100% stock daily
81 Rabbit:TDI-M ported head, Frank06 cam, PD intake, hybrid T3 turbo, Renault intercooler, Syl20 11mm pump, light weight fw, and yellow California Clutch clutch kit

Reply #1April 21, 2006, 09:51:58 am

Dr. Diesel

• Authorized Vendor
  • Veteran

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 09:51:58 am »
get a big exhaust and a Giles pump, and show him who's boss.
I repair, maintain and modify VW's and BMW's.
Good work done at affordable rates. Welding and fabricating, too.
Performance Diesel Injection's Super Pump: gotta have one!

Reply #2April 21, 2006, 12:36:35 pm

RabbitJockey

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    America, DUCK YEAH!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 12:36:35 pm »
i know giles pumps are well worth the money, but i don't really have 500 dollars to be bombing on something like that, i wanna mod my pump as much as i can on my own, and i dunno, maybe by then i'll get tired of this car and move on to something else, or maybe i'll be looking for a tdi.  but i definetly wanna take the stock pump to limits of fueling.
81 Rabbit:TDI-M ported head, Frank06 cam, PD intake, hybrid T3 turbo, Renault intercooler, Syl20 11mm pump, light weight fw, and yellow California Clutch clutch kit

Reply #3April 29, 2006, 09:38:03 pm

hillfolk'r

• Veteran

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2006, 09:38:03 pm »
swap a garrett on there and fly!!!!!
Throttle cables ftw

Reply #4April 29, 2006, 11:30:53 pm

RabbitJockey

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    America, DUCK YEAH!!!
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2006, 11:30:53 pm »
nah i like the kkk better for now, but my compressor wheel is messed up.  my dad had been driving his jetta for 2 years, and he has a tach,   i was driving mine for 2 days and i have no tach, when fuel cut off at 5k i was thought i was at 4500  or around there when really it was just starting to limit it, not cut it off completely, so i shifted too soon, i think if we lined up side by side i could beat him, unless his shorter gears could get him ahead of me.

S-PAutomotive.com