Model Specific Questions and Info > MK3 Golf/Jetta and B3/B4 Passat

Golf 3 wheel hubs - upgrade from 4 bolts to 5

<< < (2/3) > >>

Bigmick77380:
TDI fuel pump ? what do you mean ? don't know aboute the sdi cam, better than our IDI cam ? AWIC can be a good solution for very quick spool (that's what i want to do, with a VNT turbo, for a very, very quick spool)

komar:
TDI pump for more fuel. I know I can mod mine, but found just one tutorial (which is a bit difficult to understand everything) and no photos or videos. That's why I prefer to just buy ready one, instead of potentially destroying mine.
About the SDI cam - it's has more aggressive profile compared to the TDI and 1Y cams (keeps the valves open longer, more fuel mix in the cylinders). Usually after upgrading the fuel injectors on a TDI, this is the next step - the SDI cam.
I would love to use VNT turbo too, but my car has no computer of any sorts so there's no point of running variable geometry turbo - I won't be able to use it.

Bigmick77380:
You can't use a TDI pump on an AAZ, you can use a TDI head, but you need IDI camplate and calibrate the dynamic timing.

For the SDI cam, i will search about it...

I haven't any computer on my car (i have an AAZ) but i will use exhaust manifold pressure and intake manifold pressure for running the VNT.

With no or little exhaust pressure, exhaust actuator don't move, and intake actuator fully opened at less than 0.3 bar.
With exhaust pressure, exhaust actuator fully opened and compress the intake actuator, then intake actuator fully opened at 1.3bar

That's what i want :D

komar:
TBH, the TDI pump idea is from a friend with 1Y Passat and I've never investigated that much - just blindly trusted him that you can do it and this is the easy way to get more fuel to the engine.

Now I didn't know you can manipulate the geometry without a computer. But AAZ same as my 1Y but with turbo I'm not surprised. 

As an owner of AAZ I have a question - look at this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIppyoHUOR0&index=2&list=PLJd8Wt4w5q_wxc0LBd1Y_Su2GC6rawwyL&t=0s) and please tell me is this faster than stock TD or not. (also what turbo has AAZ?)

Now, if I'm getting it right, you wanna use the intake pressure to manipulate the position of the geometry by moving the actuator? I'll definitely look into that. If you have any materials feel free to share too :)

Bigmick77380:
I think it's slower than mine, but mine isn't stock :P, i think it's faster than a stock AAZ ;)

AAZ have K14, K03, K03 003, and some garrett turbo, but i don't remember which ones... (Mine it's K14 with 430 000KM (267 000 Miles) and absolutely no play :D)

Yes and no, I use the intake pressure to manipulate the position of the geometry by moving the actuator, but i use the exhaust pressure to change the setting (tare) of the actuator.
If you only use intake pressure, you will have good spool, but all the time even if you don't want it (like on highway) because if the geometry is close, you will slow down the exhaust flow, with that you have high EGT and high consumption....

But if you change the setting (tare) of the intake actuator with the engine load (exhaust pressure) you have less boost when you don't want it, and quick spool !

PS:that's my theory...
PS2: I'm french, i don't know if i have a good english :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version