Model Specific Questions and Info > MK3 Golf/Jetta and B3/B4 Passat

Golf 3 wheel hubs - upgrade from 4 bolts to 5

<< < (3/3)

komar:
Well mine will have big ass intercooler also so it should be faster than that also  ;D
I'm really starting to miss my 1Y. For the last 2 weeks my ABF left me stranded 2 times - the last one today and had to tow it for hour and a half (******* piece of ****). The first time was the contact key and now I suspect the whatever you call it that makes the spark before they split to the 4 cables gave up the ghost.  Both cheap fixes but if it wasn't for the trusty ML270, it was gonna spend the night in a really bad neighborhood.

I'll definitely ask my mechanics for this way to control VNT turbo so thanks a lot for the idea :)

And I'll definitely set the GTI on fire if that junk brakes again!

Bigmick77380:
So many hate against your GTI  ;D

Like (i think) i said before, i will put an AWIC for fast spool, i think of 1.3 bar...

I think i also have a little probleme with my pump, because at the engine start, my idle isn't alway the same (sometimes behind 1000 rpm, sometime at 1000 rpm...) and when i drive on highway at 3000RPM + for long time, my idle drop at 850RPM, don't uderstand that...  ???

For my VNT, i build a little system with an Arduino uno, 2x pressure sensor (MPX5500DP) and 2x Type K (and max6675 controler for type K) temps sensor, a 16x2 LCD.
1 pressure and 1 temp for intake and 1 pressure and 1 temps for exhaust  :D

komar:
The GTI has new (for me new, and second one on it's way) ignition coil and after I reconnected one wire for the LPG (that got torn off somehow while I was fitting the battery today) system, everything works on, for now.

My promise still stands - if it leaves me stranded somewhere in the next week, it will become a nice bonfire!

Now bout your Arduino plan, as a student learning "Automation, information and control engineering", this is  a great idea. Using the electrical actuator without car computer but by Arduino circuit with pressures sensors. You definitely got my imagination fired up to where you can take this :D 
With a few more sensors and one small monitor you can definitely make pretty handy "board computer" to tell you essential things like boost, temps and so on. I have a few RPIs, but never had an Arduino. Tomorrow is my first day at work at Festo (they make all kind of sensors for automation) so in a few weeks time I'll be working on that too :))

Bigmick77380:
My bad, i'have made a mistake, i do the arduino system only for monitoring, but i see a guy who do a vnt control with arduno (search "dmn's playground" on google)
My vnt control will be 100% mechanic

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version