S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: Fuel Injection Pump leaking.... again!!!  (Read 4033 times)

April 14, 2006, 06:51:50 pm

2mAn

Fuel Injection Pump leaking.... again!!!
« on: April 14, 2006, 06:51:50 pm »
My mk1 jetta ( non-turbo 1.6) started leaking prior to me having the pump rebuilt by Giles @ Superior Fuel. Once the new pump was installed the car never leaked again.......

Now 3 months later, its leaking diesel fuel again from the same exact area. its hard to tell exactly where its coming from, but it is defintely on the injection pump somewhere. i suspect it has something to do with the cold start lever because if i pull it out ( i never use it), it wont return to the original position even if i push it back in. i would have to go under the hood and maunally return it to its original position.

what gives, does anyone know?? im going to take it back to the shop that installed it and bug them, but i cant do that until next week and id like to resolve the issue ASAP. thanks

Reply #1April 14, 2006, 07:22:01 pm

bryanbryan89x

• Junior

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 07:22:01 pm »
Prob the O-ring on the cold start lever there.  I dont understand how it would start to leak after you recently got the pump rebuilt?  Better get that fixed as soon as possible diesel on coolent hoses is a bad thing.
1981, Rabbit Car, 1.6, N.A.

Reply #2April 17, 2006, 01:03:15 am

2mAn

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2006, 01:03:15 am »
turns out it wasnt leaking diesel, its leaking coolant. i thought it was diesel cuz my coolant was basically water and when it spilled on the diesel, the diesel looked fresh. i replaced a stuck thermostat, but the coolant hose was "swollen" as my mechanic puts it. i should have it replaced this weekend

Fixmyvw.com