Author Topic: LDA Boostpin Results on 1.9TD AAZ  (Read 1830 times)

February 10, 2017, 12:06:34 pm

DkmenchaR

• User+

LDA Boostpin Results on 1.9TD AAZ
« on: February 10, 2017, 12:06:34 pm »
I've been looking for an 1.6TD Boostpin to install on my VW Vento 1.9TD, but I don't know if it will make any diference on fuel effiency and boost....

The car is full stock, don't know if my pump it's an 9/10/11mm, it's making around 90hp (my mechanic had some adjust done without rasing PSI, the turbo is a Garrett T15 and don't have a boost gauge either..)

So the deal is: Just installing the Boostpin on compesantor governor, should give some "safe" boost increase ? I would like to surpass the 100hp with this setup (engine have 300k+ miles but still in very good shape and healthy) but for that I think I need to take the kat out, and raising turbo PSI to +/- 14,5  (+/- 1bar, I don't have IC tho...)

I have plans for this old man (IC, Giles Pump, KKK24, 228mm Clutch, larger exhaust pipe....), but for now I want to rebuild this setup @ fullstock until I've damaged something :)

Any tip or help is welcome and feel free to argue the best configs to tune my AAZ  8)

Best Regards

Reply #1February 10, 2017, 02:33:05 pm

RunninWild

• Veteran

Re: LDA Boostpin Results on 1.9TD AAZ
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 02:33:05 pm »
It will make a difference but you really need to get an egt gauge installed before you start playing with fueling. There is a fine line between more fun and melting pistons.