S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: Need help trouble shooting ! possibly fueling problem  (Read 1428 times)

January 15, 2017, 04:56:44 pm

TheGreenBastard

Need help trouble shooting ! possibly fueling problem
« on: January 15, 2017, 04:56:44 pm »
Hello everyone , recently new to the forums and looking for some advice. My 1.9 aaz had slowly developed a problem of power loss.  It got worse over time and developed a sorta of surge in the idle, as well while driving the car would lose all power and eventually come to stop. It would only do this from time to time but eventually got to the point of no longer being able to drive.

I had believed that it was the injection pump and so did the shop i took it to ( not entirely confident in this shop although ) . i got a used pump to be put on and still no change, the one that come off the car though looked to be in great condition

Just wondering what are symptoms of a failing pump or if anyone has had similar experiences like mine. Any help or insight is appreciated !

Reply #1January 15, 2017, 08:29:10 pm

ORCoaster

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Restoring a Caddy as time and weather allows
Re: Need help trouble shooting ! possibly fueling problem
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 08:29:10 pm »
Sounds more like a plugged fuel line from the tank or a filter issue.  I see the shop went for the most expensive item to replace first.  Smart for business, bad for individual.

Fixmyvw.com