Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: fuel line routing help!  (Read 4204 times)

April 08, 2006, 10:40:00 pm

irdiver

• Junior

fuel line routing help!
« on: April 08, 2006, 10:40:00 pm »
hi all

i just got a new to me 1.6 td for my eco diesel, so after convering all the manifolds to work with the eco style turbo mounting, i think this engine was out of a quantium or other type of rear low mounted turbo, i now have the wonders of how to run the fuel lines and other lines to the larger injector pump.  i know there is the main fuel in and the over flow return, but what about the other two ports that are on this thing?  

could someone take a pic of how theirs is setup and can the k14 stock setup take the k24 that came with the engine?  

thanks for all the help and a wonderful site!

'91 jetta eco diesel - sold 10/06
currently looking for a new project

Reply #1April 09, 2006, 07:19:24 pm

mtnsammy

• Junior

fuel line routing help!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 07:19:24 pm »
I have no pictures but one should be turbo vent no hookups and the other is the injector fuel return line.

If you can send me an email with photo attached I'l reply with a photo of my 1.6 TD if this will help. I am not sure if the two are the same. I also cannot figure out how to post pictures on this forum. The img button just writes img in brackets. not much help for me.

[email protected]

Reply #2April 16, 2006, 03:20:37 pm

irdiver

• Junior

fuel line routing help!
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2006, 03:20:37 pm »
alright after sitting there and studying the pump... there are three hose fittings on the right side of the engine as you are looking at it, the bottom is the fuel return from the top of the injectors to the filter, there is a rubber type of vent looking(very technical huh?) fitting above it, and finally another banjo fitting with a hose coming off of it.  from what i have read the middle fitting is a vent, thats fine, but what is the top one?  where does the hose route too?  HELP!!!  thanks!

Reply #3April 16, 2006, 11:49:45 pm

mtnsammy

• Junior

fuel line routing help!
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2006, 11:49:45 pm »
Without seeing your pump I'll try to explain off of my pump.

On the front top of pump by the pully single banjo for fuel inlet.

On the top is a boost controller for the turbo model only. Off the toprear there is a single fitting that goes to the turbo outlet to sense boost pressure Most tee off this for boost gage.
on the lower rear there is a vent hose for atmosphere pressure.

at the rear of the IP there is a double banjo fitting. One line goes to last injector for return to fuel tank and the other goes to the fueltank return line

Does this make any better sense??

Reply #4April 17, 2006, 09:47:46 am

irdiver

• Junior

fuel line routing help!
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2006, 09:47:46 am »
oh that is what i was needing!  ok so the line off of the top of the pump goes to the nipple on the intake manifold.  perfect that is what i needed to know!  thanks!

Reply #5April 17, 2006, 12:21:25 pm

fspGTD

• Veteran

• http://home.comcast.net/~vwgtd
fuel line routing help!
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2006, 12:21:25 pm »
Moved to troubleshooting
Jake Russell
'81 VW Rabbit GTD Autocrosser 1.6lTD, SCCA FSP Class
Dieselicious Turbocharger Upgrade/Rebuild Kits