S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: How to upload photos to the forums...  (Read 3287 times)

September 28, 2015, 09:34:25 pm

southernman

• Junior

How to upload photos to the forums...
« on: September 28, 2015, 09:34:25 pm »
Hi guys. I'm sure there's a help link somewhere out there, but I just don't have time to scan 167 pages of posts to find it...

I'm progressing well with my resto of my '82 Caddy, and wanted to post the progress for others to see the work that's been done.

Problem is; I'm unable to upload photos to my posts... What's up with that ? Is this something as a member, you've got to have a new permission at the site for ? If so, I can understand the low level of participation.

A year or so ago, I had trouble posting photos and it frustrated me so much I gave up on visiting the site. Is this still the case ?

Don't have a lot of spare time for this stuff, but I've got a lot of custom work I'm sure members would like to see. Is there ANYBODY, mod or otherwise that can help resolve this stuff ?

Thanks,

Southernman

'82 VW Caddy w/ 1.6 NA Diesel - completely stock.

Reply #1September 29, 2015, 12:26:39 am

vanbcguy

• Administrator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Vancouver, BC
Re: How to upload photos to the forums...
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 12:26:39 am »
Most forum sites don't actually host photos, you need to post them somewhere else and link to them. Photobucket is the most popular place though they seem to have space limitations. Flickr works great and is free. Either site has a handy 'bbcode' link you can copy and paste in to your posts here or on nearly any other forum to share pictures.

This isn't anything specific to vwdiesel.net - most forum sites work this way. VWvortex, TDIclub, they all work the same.
Bryn

1994 Jetta - AHU M-TDI - Jezebel Jetta
2004 Jetta Wagon - 1.8T - Blitzen

Fixmyvw.com