S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: Fuel hoses diagram?  (Read 3193 times)

June 05, 2015, 02:27:15 pm

zwp1990

Fuel hoses diagram?
« on: June 05, 2015, 02:27:15 pm »
I'm looking for a fuel hose diagram. I've looked at pics on the internet and most seem different. Mine has been different then all of them also. And I can't post pics on this site.

Reply #1July 07, 2015, 03:00:05 am

Bugsy_malone 666

• Junior

Re: Fuel hoses diagram?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 03:00:05 am »
Is there a problem with it?

To be honest diagram wise it should all be pretty much the same as this:

I also found this picture:

Now in the picture you can see 2 clear hoses (not sure why they used that sort of hose as opposed to proper thick fuel line), the one nearest the cambelt is the supply, its not always in the same location on all pumps, sometimes its on the top, but its always the one nearest the front as far as I know. That connects to the fuel filter out (which should be marked with an outward arrow). The pipe nearer the back of the fuel pump is the fuel return, you can see how its connected to the injector return also, in the photo this is on the top, but I know mine is actually on the back and it takes its injector return from the other end of the injectors.

That return can then either return to the tank on some or back to the filter (depending on setup) meaning the filter either has 2 or 3 hose connections total.

Hope that helps/makes sense.

Reply #2July 07, 2015, 08:53:19 pm

vanbcguy

• Administrator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Vancouver, BC
Re: Fuel hoses diagram?
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 08:53:19 pm »
Clear hoses should always be used for the pump supply and return, or at least  a clear section. Makes diagnosing fueling problems 400x easier.
Bryn

1994 Jetta - AHU M-TDI - Jezebel Jetta
2004 Jetta Wagon - 1.8T - Blitzen

S-PAutomotive.com