S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: 2011 jetta tdi  (Read 2653 times)

April 03, 2015, 10:39:20 am

audial

2011 jetta tdi
« on: April 03, 2015, 10:39:20 am »
Hello, I'm new to TDI forums and I don't own one yet but i am looking at a 2011 jetta TDI with around 55k miles on it, I was wondering what are the pros and cons to owning a jetta TDI? What are some common issues and a ballpark price on what it would cost to fix that issue? Any feed back at all is much appreciated!

Reply #1April 03, 2015, 12:15:44 pm

vanbcguy

• Administrator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Vancouver, BC
Re: 2011 jetta tdi
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 12:15:44 pm »
The 2011 will have a somewhat complicated emissions system. I'd recommend checking on TDIclub for this model as there's not as many of the newest cars here.

The CR cars are pretty solid and perform well. They ABSOLUTELY will not tolerate contaminated fuel or accidental gasoline in the tank though. The consequences are expensive.

There's a lot more emissions stuff - things like exhaust flaps, pressure sensors, NOx sensors, the DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter), etc. Most of those things on their own are fairly reliable and won't cause the average owner problems but the earlier cars didn't have them.

One thing worth asking... What is your typical drive like? The DPF equipped cars really don't like doing a lot of short trips.
Bryn

1994 Jetta - AHU M-TDI - Jezebel Jetta
2004 Jetta Wagon - 1.8T - Blitzen