S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: 1.6 na engine and 5-speed FN code transmission  (Read 3495 times)

January 13, 2015, 08:39:25 pm

DRP67207

• Junior

1.6 na engine and 5-speed FN code transmission
« on: January 13, 2015, 08:39:25 pm »
I have a running 1.6 diesel and the FN code 5-speed transmission it's attached to for sale.

I am in the process of swapping an AHU TDi into my caddy, and so it's time for the existing engine to go.  I do not know how many miles are on the engine, it came uninstalled with the truck when I bought it several years ago, but it has served me well, gotten me across the country twice thus far.  I replaced the head gasket a year or two ago, it has not seen a ton of miles since then as I have been away for work and it has spent most of it's time sitting for the past year.  No leaks on the pump, I don't have any numbers on compression, but it seems to be getting a little tired, start up is a bit rough but runs great once it warms up.  Could probably use a re-ring, but definitely usable as is.

The transmission seems great, no issues popping out of gear or making noise, and shifts well, though seems pretty tight in this cold weather.  All of the shift linkage is available as well if needed for a 5-speed swap, as I'm going to 02a and cable shift on the swap.  The engine and transmission  is still installed, so you can hear it run or I can send a video if you are interested. Looking to get it pulled and out of here in the next couple weeks, and not really looking to ship, though I have an engine hoist and can help with loading if picked up.  I also have a 1.6 td block which could go with the engine if you want build that up instead or in addition. 

Located in Guilford, CT.  Thank you.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 09:30:11 am by DRP67207 »

Reply #1January 17, 2015, 09:30:30 am

DRP67207

• Junior

Re: 1.6 na engine and 5-speed FN code transmission
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 09:30:30 am »
Pictures added...

Reply #2January 25, 2015, 01:13:43 pm

Toby

• Veteran

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 01:13:43 pm »
Where did that cold air set up come from?

It might be good to tell us where you are, and how much you want for them.

Reply #3January 25, 2015, 01:41:19 pm

ORCoaster

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Restoring a Caddy as time and weather allows
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 01:41:19 pm »
Cold air setup is nice and clean isn't it.  The very last line below the picture gives location as  Located in Guilford, CT. but no price so I am assuming it is FREE for ALL. 

Fixmyvw.com