NOLA Speed and Style

Author Topic: 81 Rabbit LS AAZ  (Read 10667 times)

Reply #105August 21, 2017, 08:13:00 am

RabbitJockey

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    America, DUCK YEAH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: 81 Rabbit LS AAZ
« Reply #105 on: August 21, 2017, 08:13:00 am »
I haven't covered much of what i've done in the last year, but the engine skipped time, so i rebuilt the head and changed some seals in the pump and had it running for about a month then i was driving it very spiritedly and had a bit of a run away, it shut down pretty quickly but the damage was done. I had known the bottom end was a bit worn making this a possibility, but i decided to run 30psi anyway so this is the result haha. I need to take a break from it now and finish some other projects before i come back to this and either go to over sized pistons or swap to an ahu engine i have.
98 Pontiac Grand Prix GT:stock daily
 81 Jetta: in progress 1.6td, ported head, holset turbo.
81 Rabbit:AAZ, hybrid T3 turbo, Giles pump, lightened fw, and yellow clutchnet clutch.

Reply #106August 21, 2017, 09:00:30 am

RabbitJockey

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    America, DUCK YEAH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: 81 Rabbit LS AAZ
« Reply #106 on: August 21, 2017, 09:00:30 am »
i am just hoping the head is ok, i haven't removed it yet, but i did a compression test and the results were 0-220-150-220 so i know something is definitely very bad.  I used an endoscope camera to view inside and the pistons look ok so thats a decent sign.
98 Pontiac Grand Prix GT:stock daily
 81 Jetta: in progress 1.6td, ported head, holset turbo.
81 Rabbit:AAZ, hybrid T3 turbo, Giles pump, lightened fw, and yellow clutchnet clutch.

Check out the NEW Facebook group HERE

Check out the Twitter page HERE