S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: Seat Toledo  (Read 2658 times)

November 08, 2014, 10:36:03 pm

Pandy

Seat Toledo
« on: November 08, 2014, 10:36:03 pm »
My first car was a mk4 Golf. It was a 1.6 and shat its gearbox to bits while I owned it and then shat its replacement 1 month after I sold it on. It wasn't much of a car but it was enough to get me into VAG and german cars in general. I did little mods on it like putting some montreal IIs on and sprayed them black and fitted gti cupholders and other non major little mods.

Its replacement was a Seat Toledo, which is basically a Mk4 Golf/Bora/Jetta in a spanish suit. I got it off my grandad, the only issue was it was in Spain and I had to drive it back to the UK. It was a damn good road trip though.

We hit some fun sudden snowstorm in France that claimed a BMW X5. This was about 20 miles after.

The first thing I had to do once I was home was get it road legal for the UK which meant swapping the headlights and sorting out reg plates. Only problem was I tore my cartilage in my knee but I managed to do this 3 days after surgery  8)

Remember the Golf I had? Well I managed to swap the ugly ass Seat wheels with the Montys before it sold  8) I also picked up a badgeless grille because the clips snapped on my original one. I also threw on some roof bars for the hell of it.

Thats how it stayed for a good year +, it did an entire lap around Scotland during the summer and ploughed through winter without missing a beat.

The only thing I did change was the key, which I swapped out for a remote flip one.

It attended its first show but stayed in the background next to a slammed VR6 and my mates Fiesta so it looked like it was on stilts haha  :(
Goodies started showing up a few days after though, if only they came earlier :/

Fk Highsport coilovers and 15mm spacers. Look at de shiny shiny!

It took a full day with the help of my mate and my sister but they were finally on and it looked sooooo much better. The spacers went on the rear but I could've done with 2 pairs of them cos the front tyres were literally millimetres of the struts. It cleared though so *** it.

I did however have the problem of the ARB and driveshaft rubbing so I picked up a full Audi TT subframe for £100 (around $60/70 I think)  and stole the roll bar. I sold the rest of it on so got my money back in a way  :)

Before

During

After  ;D with cat mirin'

I fitted some shortened adjustable droplinks after a few days of putting up with the standard ones rattling themselves to death and lowered it down abit more  ;D

I finally got round to sorting some paintwork out as well, like the horrific touch up patch on the bonnet in the wrong colour and the scuffed up arch you can see in one of the earlier pics.

I went ripping the front end off again and fitted new honeycomb grilles for a meatier look.

Then it became new wheel time  8)

Set 1:

Audi RS4 replicas 18x8j et35, to replace the montys as winters

Set 2 (Which I've had lingering since I pretty much got the car):

BBS RC040/090 17x7.5/8j et42/20 respectively. Ongoing project to go on when I eventually bag this.

I did like the look of them in silver but they needing refurbishing so I painted them while I was at it.

I went with BMW sparkling graphite, look very nice in the sun  8) They seemed abit big on the car at first though :/ Got some 20mm spacers for the rear and put the 15mm ones I already had up front so the wheels cleared the struts, make me et20 front et15 rear  ;D

I solved this by lowering it more and cleaned the car up in general. I bought some Team Heko wind deflectors and some new bump stops to get rid of the annoying creak from the rear. I would've gone lower but that's the clearance I have coming out of my driveway. Any weight at all other than me and my girlfriend in it and im beached  :(

I then turned my attention to the interior. I picked up the leather seats from an Audi A3 8L sport from a guy locally. They slotted straight in with no modifications. They hug you when you're sat in them and are miles comfier compared to the standard seats.
The armrest lid came from an S3, I had to order that separately and they as rare as rocking horse ***. However, German ebay and my half German girlfriend saved the day  ;D I would've just bought a full armrest but they sell for £170 and I refuse to pay that if the lid is a straight swap for mine.
The door cards came a few weeks later but I can't have them till christmas as they're a present from the other half and I don't know about them 8)

And all I've done since then is give it a good wax for winter. I would work some more on it but my cartilage in my knee has torn again so im due for surgery in a few weeks  ::) Obligatory beading shot though  8)

Just a few more shots. And thats it for now. Plans for the future are a Leon cupra front bumper, bags, get the style 5s on and just generally tidy it up a lot more. Thanks for looking  :)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 12:06:19 am by Pandy »

Reply #1November 08, 2014, 11:42:12 pm

Pandy

Re: Seat Toledo (Pic heavy)
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 11:42:12 pm »
 I don't know why its decided to post it twice for me :/
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 11:45:52 pm by Pandy »