Model Specific Questions and Info > MK2 Golf/Jetta and Audi 5k

More 020 fun*Solved,was not the tranny*

<< < (2/3) > >>

fatmobile:
Check the bolts holding the IP on,.. especially the bolts holding the bracket to the block, behind the pump.

Blocksmith:
I would be interested in what you find--my rabbit would buck very badly after pretty much every shift before I replaced the motor with a refreshed one. It got so bad it felt and sounded like the engine was going to jump out of the engine bay. Same four speed that was in it, but an ME motor, before I yanked it out. Can't recall if I left the original ME clutch on it or not. Probably did. 

--- Quote from: fatmobile on September 18, 2014, 02:39:35 pm ---Check the bolts holding the IP on,.. especially the bolts holding the bracket to the block, behind the pump.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, definitely check all your IP bracket mounting bolts. My brother's 1.6 swapped cabriolet had issues with intermittent bucking at certain rpms, turns out I should have used thread locker on all the bolts...  ::)

srgtlord:
I never did find anything out of the ordinary. I am thinking its about time for me to change out the el-cheapo fuel filter.....

air-cooled or diesel:
an el-cheapo fuel filter can possibly do this, use a good one its your 'life line' that and air filter

iamdieselnutmechanic:

--- Quote from: air-cooled or diesel on October 31, 2014, 06:19:18 pm ---an el-cheapo fuel filter can possibly do this, use a good one its your 'life line' that and air filter

--- End quote ---

I had very similar situations back when my car was a 1.6D, it would rev up fine, drive fine.. but sustain a higher rpm and it would buck as though you turned the key off. Fuel filter was old and plugged.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version