Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: WTB turbo/ex manifold/oil lines  (Read 3107 times)

August 05, 2014, 11:11:59 pm

Anxiety

WTB turbo/ex manifold/oil lines
« on: August 05, 2014, 11:11:59 pm »
Hi all. I have a 1.6 TD in a Samurai and I need different turbo bits for it. The motor I have is from a Dasher/Quantum I believe and the turbo mounts under the manifold and right against the firewall which has been dimpled for clearance and I want to go with a Jetta/Rabbit type setup where the turbo mounts more to the center top. I'm mainly looking for a core turbo because I'm going to have it rebuilt anyway. I've just been too busy to track one down at one of the pick-n-pulls around me. Also, it has a 1.6 at the moment but I have a 1.9 TD with N/A pump and manifold in my Caddy that I'm going to freshen up and eventually put in the Samurai and if I've read correctly on here the 1.6 TD stuff should be a bolt on swap to the 1.9? If anyone can confirm this will work or not please let me know. I'd rather not rebuild 2 turbos. I'm also open to suggestions as to what would be best here.. t3, k14, k24 which it has now. I dont plan to intercool or run more than about 10-12 lbs boost. It does about 75mph now and in a 2200lb lifted Samurai with 35's that's plenty fast. So please let me know what you have, what you think might work best for me and suggestions are very welcome. Thanks everyone.

P.S. Theman53, I don't know if you recieved my last PM or not or if you sent me one in response and I didn't get it as it appears the server was upgraded. Sry for the confusion in our PM's too. I'd still be open to maybe buying your turbo/manifold I just can't use the other stuff for my application.

Reply #1August 06, 2014, 08:34:05 am

theman53

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Holmes County Ohio - North Central Ohio
Re: WTB turbo/ex manifold/oil lines
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 08:34:05 am »
Understood

I think I will keep mine as a set for now. BTW, the intake is D shaped ports on the 1.9 you have and the 1.6 is round/ovalish ports. The exhaust and everything else is pretty much identical and will all work. The 1.6 intake ported to shape would work for you as well.

Reply #2August 06, 2014, 07:28:40 pm

Anxiety

Re: WTB turbo/ex manifold/oil lines
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 07:28:40 pm »
Hey thanks for the tip on the manifold. I have a spare 1.6 TD intake I can port and make ready before the swap.