S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: Original Turbo Diesel 1.6 mk1 Jetta build.  (Read 3182 times)

December 03, 2013, 12:53:15 pm

hakkalugi

Original Turbo Diesel 1.6 mk1 Jetta build.
« on: December 03, 2013, 12:53:15 pm »
Whats up VW diesel. This is my first post here, ill try to keep it as updated as I can. I picked up a 84 Jetta Turbo Diesel a few weeks ago. I got it for a steal with a smashed oil pan. Original 1.6TD pans are very hard to find, the only ones I could find were in Canada, and were for a Quantum. Lucky for me the shop the car was sitting at specialized in Domestic cars, specifically VW's. The amount of Vanagon's was insane-o!!!. The owner of the shop swung by when we had it on the trailer and were about to roll out, he told us to wait up and see if he's got a pan for me in the back. He came back with 2, and said $200 and its yours. I only had $100 in my wallet so he sold me the used one. No biggie, awesome to have a pan! The guy that owned the car before the dude that sold it to me was a diesel mechanic. He rebuilt the motor and slapped on a Top Line head. The injector pump looks to be brand new. My plans for the car is to sell the wheels and make my money back, go with some ronal turbo's or maybe some wide steelies. The paint was redone but a very ****ty job was done. I got a buddy that works in a body shop, were going to tackle the job ourself and repaint it the original color. The interior is pretty mint, the sun visors lost all their insides its all crushed up at the bottom now, no biggies, I think the front seats are different, the dash is in pretty good shape but I'd like to find an original radio to put in there. The only rust is on the body, and only a little around the gutters, A pillar, around the door handles and bottom edges of the doors. The trunk/fenders/strut tows/rockers/floors are cancer free. I looked the vin up and its looking like it came from wolfsburg so thats pretty cool I guess. Thats where ill start the pics, getting it home, on the lift and what not. Enjoy!

Don't want to swap all the pics over right now so check it out here: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?6863068-Hakkalugi-s-84-Jetta-Turbo-Diesel-(build-) hope thats cool!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 12:54:55 pm by hakkalugi »

Reply #1December 21, 2013, 10:17:13 pm

Blocksmith

• Veteran

• Personal Text
    Wrench Lurker
Re: Original Turbo Diesel 1.6 mk1 Jetta build.
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 10:17:13 pm »
Read through the vortex post--keep us posted on this!
Green 83 Rabbit 4dr, 5 speed ACH trans swap, ported 1.6D mech lifter w/ vnt15, na pump w/ gov mod, gasser intake mani, 2.5" exhaust, bilstein sports and cut mk2 springs, ss brake lines, 14" vw bottlecaps

Reply #2March 12, 2014, 04:23:55 pm

hakkalugi

Re: Original Turbo Diesel 1.6 mk1 Jetta build.
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 04:23:55 pm »
long time since an update, will have much soon.