Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: gettin ready to cut the 81 coupe up...  (Read 2633 times)

September 09, 2013, 11:20:19 pm

CRSMP5

gettin ready to cut the 81 coupe up...
« on: September 09, 2013, 11:20:19 pm »
before i ruin its roof section/rear quarters... any one interested in it as a stick on cabby to make a mr2 style coupe w/targa top and all? if it were not so bulky id keep it for this as its always been a idea.. but with jack rabbit.. i gots my 2 seater coupe now...

i do not wanna store it long time.. no real shipping.. but ill cut it well below body side molding line.. perfect place to splice this idea as cabby is spot welded there for its cabby roof... and enough of the rear panel to give it a trunk vs what cabby has.. and trunkk lid too..

rest of the sheet is rot, all rest of it slated towards jackrabbit.. so only coupe roof/body line and up...

do the that would be kewl project... you could do this to a rabbit, but forget the targa top.. imo targa top would be tits... blend roof/quarters into the roll bar... so you can use the frameless cabby doors.. and using convert top frame make up a piece to fill the 2 parts...

ive ha this idea since the mk1 jetta wagon eurojettanutt started on portex...

free if you plan to do this.. else ill go get my $40 in scrap metal... i want to see this done so bad though...

Reply #1September 10, 2013, 07:39:37 am

8v-of-fury

Re: gettin ready to cut the 81 coupe up...
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 07:39:37 am »
do you have mk1 rear tail lights?? :)

Reply #2September 10, 2013, 08:21:10 am

CRSMP5

Re: gettin ready to cut the 81 coupe up...
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 08:21:10 am »
yea i do... not 4 sale... id only sell to person who wanted to do this.. but honestly.. id prefer to keep for full set of on shelf.. like i had before the build..

what side do you seek? i think i have 2 more lefts.... but that as my last right i think..

now if you fail to read that... $3500.00 + shipping... and ill throw in all kinds of mk1 jetta... if i  gotta ship add $4000.00  as ill need to prep the 84 for a road trip, a box truck so on... all in advance no refunds... still trying to see where i had tails listed for sale...
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 09:20:10 am by CRSMP5 »

Fixmyvw.com